Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teegonzo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 07:21 AM
    I'm building an RV park so, can a sanitary tee be used in conjunction w/cleanout
    I'm building an RV park and need to know if a sanitary tee can be used in making a clean out which will also be use to connect the customers RV drain line?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 11, 2010, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by teegonzo View Post
    I'm building an RV park and need to know if a sanitary tee can be used in making a clean out which will also be use to connect the customers RV drain line??
    This sanitary tee will be used to convert from horizontal to the vertical to terminate in a cleanout, correct? If nothing else is connected to the vertical line then Chapter #4,section 403.1 of The Standard Plumbing Code allows this, However you may not use a sanitary tee as a drainage fittiung under ground. Good Luck, n Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 11, 2010, 11:27 AM

Tom said it... Here are 2 things would like to add to his advice:

1. Use 4" pipe instead of 3" . 3" is undersized for the size of your fixture load. You can use 3" as branches between RV and main sewer pipe...

2. Use Y + street 45 for horizontal transitions and Combys for vertical transition... We use San Ts only for Horizontal to Vertical transition and the SanT is installed in Vertical position. In no way can we use San T for horizontal transitions...

You should have clean out at each RV connection and also along the main sewer run. In my area, Code calls for 1 clean out each 75' and one at the end of the entire run... See attached drawing...
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 11, 2010, 12:16 PM

Has a permit been pulled and will this job be inspected?
    "Temporally" becomes
    "pepermeate" iin very short order.
    You're asking to convert the clean out raise to a combination clean out and sewer inlet using a sanitary tee to do it As stated,
    you may not use a sanitary tee as a drainage fittiung under ground.
    But you have a larger problem.
    You have posted.
    have a 300'X 3" drain line and plan to connect 10 RVs drain lines to it
    Let's do fixture units.
    Assuming each RV has a:
    Tub/shower= 2 Fixture units.
    Vanity= 1 FU
    Toilet= 4 FU
    Kitchen sink= 2 Fu
    That's basically 9 fixture units a RV. Anything more like a disposal, a washer or a dishwasher will add to the count,
    you propose adding a minimum of 90 fixture units on a 3" sewer.
    That's outta code in so many ways in The Standard Plumbing Code. At best you'll get 27 FU's at 1/4" to the foot slope but code limits it to only two toilets on the line. My code book goes on to mandate that nothing less then a 4" sewer drain line. a 4" sewer at 1/4' fall to the foot would give you 216 Fixture units to play with.
    Check with your local Building Department to verify what I've just said, Let me know what they say. Good luck, Tom
    teegonzo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 04:19 PM
    Comment on speedball1's post
    Great. Thanks guys... very helpful drawing.--tee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Double fixture tee or double sanitary tee? [ 14 Answers ]

For DWV on a single vanity to double vanity conversion. Which to use? Double sanitary: http://images.grainger.com/images/products/small/SMALL-1WHU8.JPG Double fixture: http://images.grainger.com/images/products/1CNT8.JPG

Retapping a Cast Iron Sanitary Tee [ 13 Answers ]

I'm considering putting a shower into my Brookline, MA condo that has old hubbed cast-iron DWV. Currently there is 4" cast iron with a 1-1/2" copper branch from a tub. This is all on a concrete slab with the current 1-1/2" running on the surface, a 6' run, with a trap about 6" from the tee and 5'...

Sanitary Tee Correct Usage [ 2 Answers ]

I understand that a sanitary T cannot be used on its back as a drain fixture. 1. Can it be used on its back as a vent fixture, for example, a 3x3x2 being placed in line with a toilet run to vent? 2. Can it be used to take two horizontal runs (a tub from one direction and a bath sink from another...

Crack above sanitary tee. Non-destructive solution? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so my kitchen sink plumbing consists of three tees connected to each other. The bottom tee is the snake access, and is plugged. The second one goes into this one, and is connected to the garbage disposal waste line. The third connects to this, and is the waste line for the sink. I'm assuming...

Sanitary Tee Vs and Tee w/ longer sweep [ 2 Answers ]

It seems obvious, but I wonder what the logic is behind the use of a short radius elbow or sanitary tee vs one of the long sweep elbows or tees in a sewer rough in. Is it only for lines w/ solids or large volumes in laterals or drains? Or are the longer sweeps more for vertical stack...

View more questions Search