Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lala228 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 11:05 AM
    I am 5'2, pregnant, and weighing over 200 lbs.
    Okay I just looked up the ideal weight for someone who is 5'2 and its between 110 and 136 I think. I haven't ever and I mean ever been lower than 145 lbs. It's the way my body type is, but now that I am pregnant I am over 200 lbs. and this extra weight is making me feel like I can't do anything at all. This will be my first child and I'm really thankful and excited, but I believe that me being the weight I am I won't be able to keep up with her, and I still have four more months to go. So my question is how can I lose weight without hurting the baby?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2010, 11:12 AM

Right now being that short and weighing that much you are a risk pregnancy. I am 5'2" and weighed 200 when my son was born. I was 36. I had preeclampsia and almost died in the delivery room. My blood pressure was out of this world and had it been higher I could have either died or had a heart attack or stroke and the baby could have died as well.

You need to eat sensibly since you are pregnant and skip all the junk food and diet soda and regular soda as well. You cannot just go on a crash diet now before delivery as you will harm your unborn child.

You didn't say how old you are but you are probably young.

I would definitely talk to my doctor or contact the local county health dept and see if they have a nutritionist there to help you plan a healthy diet for you that won't put on too many pounds before delivery.

Your doctor should also keep you under close supervision due to your weight as well during your pregnancy. I was about 2 weeks late and they would not induce me at all. I am sure that had a lot of doing in my preeclampsia problems at delivery - being 2 weeks late.

Hopefully your pregnancy will turn out okay if you eat sensibly and have good prenatal care.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2010, 11:15 AM

I would not recommend going on any type of weight loss diet while your pregnant,your body and your baby NEED a healthy diet.

Try and get a gently walk in or swim,eat healthy and enjoy your pregnancy.

The weight will come off after the birth..

I had four children and was very heavy on them all,it was just the way my body was,I had pregnant legs,pregnant bum, pregnant everything!

Talk to your doctor about your weight if your very concerned.

New borns don't go really that far from where you leave them down,by the time the baby is active you will be back to your pre baby figure!

It takes 9 months to make the baby,it will take about 9 months to a year to get back in shape,but you will.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 11:17 AM

How much did you weigh prior to becoming pregnant?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2010, 12:26 PM

Talk to your doctor about the diet they recommend for women with gestational diabetes. This is a good healthy diet without a lot of sugar or junk food, and should help you keep your weight at a healthy level.

At this stage, your concern is your health and the baby's health. After the baby is born is time enough to worry about your figure. By the way, breastfeeding is nature's way of letting you sit down and get the fat sucked out of you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weighing down pool steps? [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know where to get bags to replace the ones that came with the pool steps? Our bags fell apart and no one seems to know where to get replacement ones. Is there an alternative to sand?

Weighing it up: is this genuine, or is it harassment? [ 8 Answers ]

I split with my boyfriend, just over a month ago. He is 22, I am nearly 20. I ended it because of silly reasons, it was my first relationship, I got scared and took the easiest option. Basically I just thought it wasn't really going to work, we very rarely communicated and he wanted to be with me...

Weighing down Patio/Pool furniture [ 1 Answers ]

Any ideas on weighing down Patio/Pool furniture? We live in a high-rise and the pool is located on the roof. The wind gets bad at times and blows over the chairs, not the chaises, and could possibly blow off the roof in a bad storm. We looked a weighing the chairs down with diving weights...

Weighing staying [ 8 Answers ]

I know my husband is abusive. I have four daughters, 2-11-15-17. He is 70% good and when he is bad, I hate him. But I weigh the stay or go. It would create more of a problem and upset the whole applecart to leave then to let the problem subside. I have spoken with my girls about situation at...

View more questions Search