Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtdc Posts: 21, Reputation: 6

Dec 13, 2006, 05:18 PM
    Please help me and my son
    OK here's my situtaion I do not want my son's father's mother any where around myself or my son,here's a little backround she's is on drugs every pill, pain killer there is, she does multiple kinds of drugs meth, crank she'll eat it, snort it, smoke it all in her house. Her 11 and 12 yr. old children both have been high off the drugs she does, as far as I know its only been by contact.her and her boyfriend will be on a good high and have sex right there in the house where the children can walk in, they stay in the bathroom picking at there face, arms, legs etc. and just a few weeks ago she called my house phone and treatened myself and my mother. I am 18 and my boyfriend is 17 and in a boys ranch for something that he didn't do but that's a different story, now she has tried to break me and my boyfriend up for her own selfish reasons she does like the fact the her son is happy and has started his own family, I am scared the she will try to take me to court for visitation right, which I am his mother and have plently of reasons I do not want her around my son or myself. I need to know what kind of chance do I have keep her away from us without having to resort to a restaining order which I will do if I have to. And I don't know if this helps me but I am the only one on the birth cereifcate. Another problem I have is I love my boyfriend and he is caught in between all of this I don't know what to do.I don't feel safe with her around my son. Please any advice you can give me will help. Thank you
    mistabearz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 05:17 AM
    heya
    how are u im pretty good em i had a drug problem and ppl around warent safe around me...sometimes u try to be understanding but somethime u just gotta go the harch way because she wont stop...and uf he really loves u he will understand...u can ask ur bf to try to bring his mother to a meeting n.a a.a and much much more....i dont no wath to says helse but good luck and keep ur head up :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 14, 2006, 06:03 AM
    For now, you have no worries except the phone harassment, so if you can record, or document these calls, you can make a report to the police. The same goes for her showing up at your house, a phone call will deal with that if she won't listen. This is all about her seeing her grandson I suspect, and if she is as bad with the drugs, as you say, I can understand how you would feel. That's why I doubt if she will go to court for visitation, because she probably has no answer for the allegations you may make. Doesn't sound like a good family at all, including your boyfriend, sorry, but I do wish you luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2006, 06:51 AM
    You need to document everything. Keep a record of threats or other inappropriate activities. If she is as bad as you say, you should be able to forestall any court ordered visitiation.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2006, 06:57 AM
    Hello rt:

Grandparents have NO rights.

So, it doesn't matter who she is, or how bad she is. YOU don't have to let her in your life AT ALL. You don't have to let her visit. You don't have speak to her on the phone. You can keep her away from your child all you want. If she knocks on your door, you don't have to answer. If you see her on the street, go the other way.

excon
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 14, 2006, 06:58 AM
    I agree with everything you have been given. I would like to add that I don't believe she will go to court for visitation if she is into drugs as much as you say she is. If she does, she risks losing her children who are in the house, and why she has not been reported to CFS and these children already taken out of the house is beyond me.

And I have to agree with Tal, this does not sound like a good family, remember that you are tied to her now because of your son. I too wish you luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Son [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody I have some problems and need to share with those people with full of kindness that can help me. I am a single mom with 3 kids. I have a man next to me now that will be my future husband. He is a very good man to me and wonderful father-to- be to my kids. My relationship with...

Looking for my Son [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to find my son who I have not seen since he was 18 months old he is now 24 yrs old. How can I find him for free as I am disabled and on benefit? Please help Thanks Tyreburner

Our New Son [ 27 Answers ]

Noah Samuel Kohen, son of Chava (orange) and Alex Kohen Born April 28, 2006 at 2:46 pm 7 lbs, 9 ounces Thank you for the warm welcome and kind wishes. The c-section went well with no complications. Noah is a large healthy baby, despite toxemia and early delivery. My wife is...

My son is gone... now what? [ 15 Answers ]

My son, Tiponi passed away in Dec. 2004. My shield of numbness is gone from me. I feel alone on the subject of death as no one here will talk about it or my son, Tiponi. If I mention his name the subject is quickly changed. If I have a moment of crying because I miss him so... my boyfriend...

Son [ 1 Answers ]

I would be happy to help you. Check out my site! LoriAngelConnectio

View more questions Search