Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashyxlynn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 11:08 PM
    Is he cheating or just need space?
    So a couple days ago I left to visit my mom across the country for an unknown amount of time. Two weeks ago I took my boyfriend on a mini vacation to a theme park for a couple days as a birthday gift and since we have returned he hadn't wanted to spend as much time with me and would be like we will hang out later ill call you in a couple hours and then he wouldn't end up calling I would have to call him and he would say he was busy or that he forgot or something. The night before I left he said he was going to go to bed kind of early and that he didn't want to take me to the airport at 5am and to stay with my parents so they could take me. After leaving he informs me that he stayed up all night and was playing a game on the computer. The first day here he called me a couple times early in the day for a couple minutes then would say he had something to do and would call me back. Once it got late I texted him only to have him respond for a little while then just stop mid conversation. The next day he calls saying he was sorry he had fallen asleep and talks to me for a good length of time then again says he will call. Again I texted him after it started to get late to have him talk to me and then say brb and never return. Then in the middle of the night he called and woke me up talked to me for five minutes then says he's going to bed he would talk to me later. Today I texted him mid afternoon and he replied with very basic responses so I just told him to call me later. Hours later he calls just saying he misses me and was horny and asks when I was coming back and when I said I don't know he was like oh well I'm going to let you go I'm going to the gas station so I asked if he would call me back or if I could call him and actually talk and he said maybe I love you and hung up. That was 7 hours ago and now its 2 am and I tried calling him but he didn't answer so I tried texting him to get no response. He says since I left all he's pretty much done was play computer games all night but I don't know if I should believe him since his friends drink and party a lot and are always pressuring him to join. We've been together for almost two years and he says he loves me and that I'm the last girl he wants to be with but he's acting kind of shady I think. I've also asked for him to let me borrow a hundred dollars to get me back to town but he just avoids to question then continues to tell me how much he misses me. I love him a lot and I want to be with him but not if he's cheating on me. Am I just freaking out cause it's the longest we've been apart since we've been together or is he really acting shifty?
    parisrose Posts: 61, Reputation: 28

Jun 27, 2010, 11:46 PM

You have no way of knowing if he's cheating on you. I doubt he is.

I think he has probably lost interest in your relationship.

You need to stop calling and texting him! You are making yourself to available and he's getting bored or he is already bored.

I would stop communication with him, if he wants to talk with you then he will. I know this really sucks but for some reason he isn't interested in talking with you right now.

""Men don’t forget how much they like you. So put down the phone.""

Start making him wonder what's going on in your life. But don't just sit at home staring at your phone praying for it to go off. Go out have fun with friends.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 12:16 AM

I agree that you're calling too much. If someone was constantly calling me, wanting to talk for hours and hours every day, I'd be annoyed. It's only been a couple of days. What's there to talk about other then the "I love you, I miss you, when will you be back, stuff"?

He's relaxing, having fun, living his life. You should do the same.

Why do you need to borrow money in order to go back? Did you only have a one way flight? Were you not planning on going back, or did you just hope to find a way to get the money once you got to your parents?

Also, the "unknown" amount of time is a bit strange. Why wouldn't you know when you're going back?

Is there more to this then you're telling us?
    ashyxlynn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 01:03 AM

I didn't realize calling a couple (literally two maybe three) times a day was to often. And I haven't sat around my phone I actually went shopping and met some new people at my mom apartment complexes block party. I was more meaning why is that he will only talk to me when he calls me and to me that seems controlling and such but I don't know. And its an unknown time because yes my mom asked me to visit and I got a one way ticket and now have to find the money to get a return flight. Also when I'm not with him he seems to have no interest in what I do anyway unless he thinks I'm with another guy or such.
    parisrose Posts: 61, Reputation: 28

Jun 28, 2010, 08:44 AM

I mean if you're the one always calling him, then he will get annoyed and not want to talk to you.

Stop calling him so then he will eventually call you.

Otherwise he sounds pretty much like a typical busy guy.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 28, 2010, 10:16 AM

This trip was not very well thought out, nor is your timing, and expecting him to be so available as you are. So of course you go right to the thoughts of him cheating. That's not realistic, nor warranted, and you may be letting other frustrations get you worked up, and carried away.

Relax and enjoy your visit, and then let your mom get you home after you have enjoyed each other. Running back home because of his, and your inability to get the freaking phone calls in proper perspective, so you don't get all alarmed when he doesn't call, and you have to blow up his phone, is ridicules.

Just set a time and leave it go. Also this is your first time apart so make adjustments to make it work. And don't panic, and get carried away by useless thoughts.

And how come twice a week for 15 minutes is not enough, until you get back?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is space as in "space-time" a vector quantity? [ 2 Answers ]

Are space and time represented as vectors like, they are negative or positive depending upon a situation . If yes, how is it shown in space time graphs?

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

NC, girlfriend moving out for "space" and cheating? [ 30 Answers ]

Girlfriend and I lived together for over a year. She used to get really jealous (more than I could handle) of other females (I only had 1-2 female friends) and so I gave them up for her. Also about my past (3 girls, I am 22.. not bad). Also accusing me of looking at girls (I don't, I'm a romantic...

Cheating on your ex, then cheating on your current boyfriend with your ex. [ 17 Answers ]

Quite the dilemma you would say. I'm actually not feeling anything morrally wrong about it, but that's wrong. I would like to say that I'm confused about my actions and how this all happened. Over the summer my xbf went away for the summer for 2months. As for the Long Distance Relationship -...

Cheating [ 12 Answers ]

I have a girl, we have a son, been together almost 6 years now... She's a little older than me, but not by much, but my sex drive is Strong, while her's isn't... shes got more experince than me, But still she doesn't commit to the sex as I do, What should I do... I don't know Ive been...

View more questions Search