Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hazel1220 Posts: 102, Reputation: 13

Jun 27, 2010, 02:45 PM
    Poe vs kafka
    Quick question,
    In your opinion, who do you think was a more twisted author, Poe or Kafka? I adore them both, however, they wrote some pretty out there stories. What do you think?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 02:53 PM

Hazel, I never get tired of reading Edgar Allen Poe. They say he actually slept in cemeteries to dream up a new story line. My all time favourite though is H.P. Lovecraft. His Cthulhu Mythos is extraordinary in pure horror. I don't think I ever bothered with Kafka, he wasn't want I really wanted in an author, mine had to be raw terror as only Lovecraft could provide.

Tick
    Hazel1220 Posts: 102, Reputation: 13

Jun 27, 2010, 03:02 PM

Thank you! I will have to check it out! Kafka and Poe were different for sure, Poe was about the horror and Kafka was more deranged and just off. But his Penal Colony was sick.
    mad4modmouse Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Jul 3, 2010, 06:37 PM
    Edgar A. Poe was more along the lines of darkness, death, despair and pain. Kafka is just sort of 'off' or sometimes almost bordering on sick and twisted but a great author no less. (if you like Kafka, Read Charles Bukowski, he is AWESOME)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alone - Edgar Allan Poe [ 1 Answers ]

I don't quite get the poem Alone - I mean that I don't understand what is being said... I'd really appreciate any help Here is the poem for easy reference: Alone From childhood's hour I have not been As others were; I have not seen As others saw; I could not bring My passions from a...

POE questions [ 4 Answers ]

When you enter the US at a port of entry the officer will ask you questions regarding you and your stay such as your reason for visiting, current occupation, name etc My question is do they keep any record of your answers?

Edgar Allen Poe [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any interesting information, or stories, about Poe. Ex: as a child, with his siblings/family/friends? As he grew older: school, military, any of his random jobs... Once he was married and on his "high"... Going downhill after his wife's death.. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks

Poems Of Edgar Allen Poe [ 1 Answers ]

undefined I HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED BY JOHN B. ALDEN, PUBLISHER, NEW YORK. 1883. THE TITLE IS POEMS OF EDGAR ALLEN POE. With memoir. I cannot find any information on this book.

View more questions Search