Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgreve01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 10:23 AM
    Plastic supply tube for ice maker
    I have a Fridgadaire refrigerator. The plastic supply tube is fine but the white,platic thing it is housed in on the back of the freezer is cracked and dripping water. The ice maker is making brittle ice. How can I fix this?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2010, 12:19 PM

No model #. Not sure if this is a generic part or available. It could be part of a valve assemby.

The ice is probably brittle because of the air.
    Angrycustomer Posts: 79, Reputation: -1

Jun 28, 2010, 03:48 PM

You need a new piece or food grade silicone to seal the tear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ice maker tube frozen [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool side by side the tube that goes to my ice maker keeps freezing> I changed the solenoid thinking it was leaking water slowly but new solenoid did the same thing. What is my problem it makes Ice once then refreezes

Water supply line--ice maker [ 4 Answers ]

The turn handle on our water supply line to ice maker is stuck--won't turn left or right. What do we do. We're afraid to force it.

Amana ice maker tube [ 1 Answers ]

Amana refrig. Tube that take water from cellar pipe to refrig. Sprung a leak. Have the tube to replace and I can't get the fixture that holds it in the bottom of the back of the refrig. Any hints??

Plastic or Copper Tubbing for ice maker [ 1 Answers ]

Because of my kitchen's configuration, the water line for the ice maker must go behind the stove. Unfortunately, the plumber put in a plastic tubing line which, when using the oven, became too hot and melted the tube (water everywhere!). Is copper tubbing OK to use for the water line? I'm...

View more questions Search