Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2006, 03:17 PM
    MeeDee,

Really good question. But I have to ask one back to you. Are you trying to prepare yourself for the future meeting with you and your girlfriend? It is only normal and natural to wonder and try and go through what may be said or what she will say and then you try and conjure up a response back. Very normal to want to do that. I would be careful in trying to do that too much.

When you do meet up with her again, you want it to be a healthier you and you don't want to be in "anticapation mode" when meeting with her. You want to be in listening mode and then after deeply listening to what she has to say, you give an honest response back. If this relationship is going to survive and get stronger, honest and open communication will be the only way.

To try and anticaptate what she will say and then try and think, what will I say back, can take away from you being "all there" while you are together. Your mind will end up racing thinking what is the best way for me to repsond, instead actually listeneing to what she is saying and sharing your true genuine feelings about what she is saying.

You may have asked this just because... but I do wonder if there is a connection to your upcoming meeting :)

Clear your mind and thoughts. Think about what you want out of a healthy relationship. Try and not focus too much on what you think she will say and how you should respond.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2006, 03:54 PM
    Had to spread it Allheart but great answer.

So true!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2006, 04:20 PM
    He's not trying gto manipulate anything. He ia actually trying to have a healthy relationship - it wasn't that healthy before this - that's what you guys don't get. His gal controlled everything to an extenet - he was too agreeable.

No woman wants agreeable.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2006, 04:51 PM
    I know the point you are making here Cat, but I think Allhearts answer here in respect to Meedee's thread here is spot on the money!

If he is going to meet with her it should be in an honest and forthright manner. Not with some preconceived ideas of how he shall answer her!

He should be going to LISTEN to her and learn, as well she should be doing the same.

Not coming up with answers for her before he goes! He won't get anything out of the meeting and then there will be no hope of him having healthy relationship!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 13, 2006, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    I know the point you are making here Cat, but i think Allhearts answer here in respect to Meedee's thread here is spot on the money!

If he is going to meet with her it should be in an honest and forthright manner. Not with some preconceived ideas of how he shall answer her!

He should be going to LISTEN to her and learn, as well she should be doing the same.

Not coming up with answers for her before he goes! He wont get anything out of the meeting and then there will be no hope of him having healthy relationship!
    I think the difference in the two philosophies is essentially this:

One says you can act your way into healthy being. I say that really runs the risk of making you an unhealthy actor. LOL Under any kind of pressure, that "act" will likely fold too. For those who are too afraid to look at self, it is the only option. That fear, by the way is groundless. A cruel joke.

The other one says you have to be healthy first and then you'll instinctively know the right action. Sure this takes longer to root out incorrect thinking and change it but it's a sure fire deal when you get there. For those who look at self and make changes, the rewards are great whether the ex returns or not even.

And everyone here gets to take their pick as to which one they subscribe to.
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2006, 09:09 AM
    Yes -great points here.

I just felt it would have been really unhealthy for him to go to the meeting she called for. He wasn't ready at all - he had things to sort thorugh and get stronger.
    MeeDee23 Posts: 36, Reputation: 10

Dec 14, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your input. I know what I'm going to do. It's time to be who I am and if that doesn't work... then oh well.

I'll let you know how it turns out!
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Dec 14, 2006, 09:43 AM
    I'm glad your're meeting with her. I think it will clear the your mind a lot and let you know where you stand and where you go from here.

Please let us know what she said.

When do you two meet?
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2006, 09:36 AM
    Hey Meedee - so what happened.

Have you gotten together yet and talked?
    starsbooty Posts: 119, Reputation: 7

Dec 21, 2006, 09:41 AM
    I do agree if you want them in your life tell them, its going to be hard as friends but if that's what you really want... also I feel like why would you still want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you, and secondly why would you want them back, if it took them breaking up with you for them to realize they wanted you.. f that..
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2006, 07:40 PM
    I think that saying no in a polite manner like you suggested at the end of your post is the best way to go. Then it's no contact at all whatsoever, so in that regard it doesn't even make sense to call yourselves "friends." After all, you can't call someone that you have no contact with a "friend."
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Dec 22, 2006, 07:14 AM
    Soooooooooooooooo... MeeDee what's going on??
    MeeDee23 Posts: 36, Reputation: 10

Dec 22, 2006, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BIM
    Soooooooooooooooo....... MeeDee what's going on???
    Check out my update...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ion-49970.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Pink pill with "watson" and "502" on it [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of pill is pink and has watson 502 on it?

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

Old "friends" [ 5 Answers ]

Im such a compulsive late person. Anyway, I was friends with my girlfriend Lisa for years and years. We are both 27, but we seem really young to people. She is a person that kind of embarasses you sometimes, well anyway, she asked me to be in her wedding this year, (two months ago) I have been...

View more questions Search