Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michael67 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 01:41 PM
    My girlfriend is pregnant and I won't be there for the pregancy!
    Hi there, I'm in a tight spot and need serious advice, I have a gilfriend and she got pregnant, we decided to keep the baby, but the day we found out she was pregnant, was the day I left to australia for a job offer and can't get back to her for the duration of the pregnancy, I really love her with all my heart and want to be there for her but I can't and its taking a tole on both of us, please I need som advice on how to handle this, what to say to her that everything will be okay, and not lose her in the process, please help!
    mrshodges Posts: 208, Reputation: 34

Jun 26, 2010, 02:00 PM

That's a tough one. Maybe if your job is going to last a while you can set aside money for her to go to you.This might show her you want her and the baby. Call whenever you can. Make sure you know everything that's going on with the pregnancy. You might get some better answers if you post in relationships.
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Jun 26, 2010, 02:59 PM

Why are you away from her? She can't be with you? Are you a couple and how old are both of you? Tell us more.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2010, 04:24 PM

Is the job that important ?

Why can't she come there ?

Next what was the plans before you found out she was pregnant, just leaving her for good?
    Internet video chatting comes to mind ?

Jun 26, 2010, 10:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sully123 View Post
    Why are you away from her? She can't be with you? Are you a couple and how old are both of you? Tell us more.
    The thing is, it's a very good job and I can make a lot of money with this job, if I qualify then I'm set for life, and I will be able to support my girlfriend and kid financially, but with my apprentice salary I also will be able to support her for the duration of the pregnancy. Im 20 and she is 19, I know it's a bit young, but I'm ready to be a dad and be with her for the rest of my life, and also I have to be on a 457 visa before I can bring her over and we are busy to apply for the visa, but it might take a year, that's why I want help, to be able to be there for her.

Jun 26, 2010, 10:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Is the job that important ?

why can't she come there ?

next what was the plans before you found out she was pregnant, just leaving her for good ??
    Internet video chatting comes to mind ?
    The job is very important, it decides if I'm going to make it in life or not, and before we knew she was pregnant, my plans were the same, to come to australia and make a life for us 2 and she agreed to wait for me, but I'm just afraid now with the pregnancy, and I'm not there for her she is going to change her mind, because I know your partner needs you now more than ever during pregnancy, I will be able to bring her over with me after a year, but then I'm missing a chapter in her life that means a lot to me, the hole pregnancy, how will I be able to assure her everything will be okay?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 06:46 AM

Relax a bit guy. Does she have family support while you are away? You can always send money, and keep in close contact. Many have gone through this and you have to do what you have to do, as supporting a family REQUIRES A JOB.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2010, 07:00 AM

For this to work you BOTH have to understand your BOTH doing this so you can be a family together.

Making it a joint decision,on both of your futures and that of your child puts the responsibility on both of you,not just you.

OK,she's pregnant,she has support at home,when you call,very often! talk about your plans together,make plans,give her something to hold onto when she is worried at night in her bed,send her pictures of where you are,write letters,you can be involved.

Your busy making a life for your family,for you,her and the baby,and her job is to grow the baby,and sleep well in the knowledge that you ARE working your ar$e off for all of you.
    parisrose Posts: 61, Reputation: 28

Jun 27, 2010, 11:03 AM

You are working towards building a life for your family. There are a lot of things that get in the way of it like laws , etc. But you are helping to build a beautiful for life for your family, I think that is really great!

If you can't be there for the pregnancy at least you will be able to have her and your baby after and with a great job to support them.

Jun 29, 2010, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    for this to work you BOTH have to understand your BOTH doing this so you can be a family together.

making it a joint decision,on both of your futures and that of your child puts the responsibility on both of you,not just you.

ok,shes pregnant,she has support at home,when you call,very often!,talk about your plans together,make plans,give her something to hold onto when she is worried at night in her bed,send her pictures of where you are,write letters,you can be involved.

your busy making a life for your family,for you,her and the baby,and her job is to grow the baby,and sleep well in the knowledge that you ARE working your ar$e off for all of you.
    Thank you so much, this is really helping a lot, I have been so worried as late that I can't even concentrate on my job, but your advice will really help me with time, I'm sure I will be able to sleep at night now, but the good thing about this is that I'm making money and a future for my family as you said. We spoke last night on the phone and she told me that I shouldn't worry, because she won't leave me and she wants me to be strong for both of us. And she has got support from family and friends that side, so it should be easier for her than me. But thank you again, ill keep you posted on the situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex-girlfriend won't talk to me at all! [ 57 Answers ]

I know I am new here but I desperately need some advice! Me and my girlfriend of 3.5 years split up a couple months ago, and haven’t even talked to each other. It's a crazy story so feel free to continue to read. So here it goes... My girlfriend (we'll call her Sara) had a friend (we'll...

Why won't my ex girlfriend talk to me [ 133 Answers ]

Hey there, my ex girlfriend broke up with me 3 months ago and won't even talk to me. I did nothing bad to her but be there for her and loved her. I don't even want to get back with her just didn't want to leave things like this. Any advise what I should do?

My girlfriend won't let go of her ex. [ 4 Answers ]

I began dating my current girlfriend in December of 2007, but she was, at the time, on a "break" with her ex. I of course didn't know this until later but everything was fine. Then in February she told me that she still had feelings for him. We pushed through everything but her feelings didn't go...

My mum won't let me do anything with my girlfriend [ 2 Answers ]

Its valentines day and my girlfriends birthday in four day so on the weekend I wonted to go over with my dad but my mum says the only time I can go is after tennis with my nine year old brother for 15 minutes max:mad: :mad: :mad:

Boyfriend won't have sex with pregnant girlfriend [ 20 Answers ]

I told my boyfriend about 2 months ago that I'm pregnant, so both of us stopped partying and having any fun pretty much since then, we have sex less and less and my hormones are driving me crazy... I need sex and he won't even bother... and when we do its short, no foreplay, and I am unsatisfied....

View more questions Search