Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HighSchoolGirly Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 08:16 PM
    Graduation Care Packages? HELPP!
    Wasn't sure where to put this,
    I wanted to put together graduation care packages for friends and I have no idea what else to put in them!
    So far I have:
    Pens and pencils,
    Little note books to write down their thoughts in if there's no one to talk to,
    Paper clips,
    Hersey's kisses for when they need a kiss,
    Lollipops for when they're feeling down.

I want to do two or three more things.
    Comment with any more ideas pleasee(: They need to be inexpensive things that everyone will need in college. I say inexpensive because I have to make 13 of them... xD
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2010, 08:33 PM

pads of Post-It Notes
    nice-sized rubberbands
    postage stamps
    3x5 note cards
    Tootsie Pops
    Chap-Stik
    glue-stik
    white-out
    desk calendar/calendar
    staple remover
    blank postcards
    Scotch tape
    bubble packets of Aleve/aspirin/Tylenol
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 25, 2010, 09:53 PM
    How about burning a CD for each of them made up of pictures over the school years.

If they are heading out of town, maybe take some pictures of all the familiar places.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2010, 09:58 PM
    Hi, HighSchoolGirly!

Do you know where each of them is going to be going to college, please?

Thanks!
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jun 25, 2010, 11:06 PM
    Hmm... decoration stuff is always nice, maybe that anti stick tape to hang posters, or even a poster if you know what they like, picture frames are always good too (I have like 10 in my dorm room) and they help remind you of home. I know most book stores have college life related books that are good for a laugh and are fairly cheap though enjoyable.
    Hat else... a key chain or a lanyard for the room keys and student ID, a planner, gum (good no matter what age), a mini fan (the dorms at my school don't have ac, so the first few weeks are HOT. They have little mini fans at most stores and they're so cute), a piggy bank (never too late to start saving), if they have a lap top one of those foamy cases are always nice and they're fairly priced and hand because then you can just throw the laptop into a backpack, an alarm clock, a stapler, binder clips (office max has a mix and match thing with cool binder clips with designs), a mini first aide kit, those removable window design things, a mini white board, highligthers, sharpies, a sewing kit, shower shoes, hmm... can't think of much else.

Good luck finding stuff!
    And congrats to the grads!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 04:09 AM

Sometimes at a Dollar store you can pick up a cheap disposable camera. Also blank cd/s are cheap too.

Jul 12, 2010, 08:31 PM

Thanks to everyone who posted. Everyone who has received a kit so far loved it. Everyone had great ideas. (:
    And again, thank you all!=D
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HighSchoolGirly View Post
    Thanks to everyone who posted. Everyone who has received a kit so far loved it. Everyone had great ideas. (:
    And again, thank you all!=D
    You're most welcome! So what did you put in your kit??

Jul 17, 2010, 09:24 PM

I added a pack of post it notes, a pack of index cards, glue stick,
    White-out, chapstick, a pack of orbit gum, mini staplers and staples, bandaids, and a couple pictures of some memorable moments(:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 10:55 PM

I like your idea, and I like the assortment of little gifts you chose to include. I'm sure all will come in handy for each recipient. They will remember you with great fondness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long do the packages take? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are both Marines, and we met during our MOS school (lol- go figure.) After our schooling, I got sent to CA, and he went back home (reservist). He said he's talking to his unit to send in an active duty package so he can come out to CA with me. He says it can take anywhere from...

Stimulus Packages [ 1 Answers ]

The stimulus package is geared at assisting the masses through a form of tax break. My question is how does this help people when they owe the IRS and the incentive is acknowledged (the persons qualify for the incentive) but the IRS does not give the person the incentive? Instead it applies that...

View more questions Search