Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pixiegurl Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Jun 22, 2010, 05:19 PM
    Protein shakes for weightloss
    I am a 21 year old female. I would like to lose 7 kgs of weight that I have put on over the past two years. A friend of mine recently started a protein shake diet, where u have a low-carb protein shake for breakfast and lunch and stick to vegetables and other lean proteins for dinner. I'm wondering if this is a bad idea, or if there are any risks I should be aware of? I also go to the gym 3-4 times a week and I am very calorie conscious so I always try to maintain around 1200-1500 calories a day depending on how much activity I am doing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    twinkie15 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jun 22, 2010, 05:44 PM

I am young and I drink a protein shake every morning for breakfast because breakfast is important and if you eat it in the morning it makes you feel energized. I use some different things in mine and here they are. Fruit,protein powder, a little bit of sugar or sweeten low, milk, yogurt (plain non-fat), 1 egg, and ice if you want. Its really a smoothy but its really healthy. Blend in a blender until creamy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Protein haemoglobin and protein collagen [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me anything about protein haemoglobin and portein collagen or were I can find any information on the two

Meal replacements and protein shakes [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering what the difference between protein shakes and meal replacements? I plan on taking slimfast for the vitamins and minerals instead of having to take vitamins!

Protein Shakes how to choose the best. [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I want to know about Protein Shakes. Which one does it help to tone the muscle and recover ,and burn fat? I don't want to gain weight as long is mass.

Protein shakes [ 2 Answers ]

I work long hours and most times do not get enough time to eat a healthy meal (I started to work out). I read in a magazine that one can mix milk, eggs, and banana, put them in thermos and take it to work. It can be consumed even 4 - 5 hours later. Is this true? And the milk needs to be cold, warm...

View more questions Search