Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LoraLL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 12:29 PM
    Child abandonment laws in Texas
    I have had my two great nieces for 3 1/2 years. Both parents have finally signed over their rights and we are in the process of adoption. None of this obviously was planned are there any resources I can go to for financial assistance in regards to medical, college later in life, etc??
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 12:57 PM

If you adopt, YOU are the financial assistance for those children.

That's the whole point of adoption, from the state's point of view. The biological parents relinquish rights, and the adoptive parents assume those rights---and it is EXACTLY as if you were the child's parent from the beginning. YOU are responsible for things like medical, college, etc.

Adopting doesn't give you any more resources than giving birth does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NC Child Abandonment Laws [ 4 Answers ]

My name is Brandi and I like in Gaston County, NC. I have a five year old son with an ex boyfriend, and I encounter the ongoing problem that the ex, whom I will call Travis, has little to no concern for his son. We have not gone to court for custody, because I can't afford it and the state won't...

Child abandonment laws in nc [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter and her baby's father have "shared custody" court ordered, every other week with their daughter which is 4 years old now. Sometimes when we travel to take her to her fathers (which he is never there to drop her off or pick her up , his mother is) He has only been there once in 4 years...

Texas child abandonment laws [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I have a 14 year old who has never met his bio-father. The bio has not paid CS for a year in June 2010. He has never provided medical and is over 10,000 in arrears of CS. He pays when they catch him and take it out of his paycheck then disapears again and doesn't pay. My son is...

Child abandonment laws [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I live in Illinois. He has joint cusody of his 3 children with his exwife. He was paying almost 50% of his check for child support, and picking them up on the weekends. As of Feb of 2006 he was injured on the job, and hasn't worked since. His ex wife dropped the children off March...

View more questions Search