Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nursebethie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 07:07 PM
    Why does under my kitchen sink smell like dead animal?
    I have looked under my entire house and even under the kitchen sink and dishwasher and I did not find anything. The smell is worse under my kitchen sink where I have noticed there is a little bit of moisture. I got under the house and the smell is there as well so I thought a dead animal until I did not find anything. The smell has come and gone before but it is worse when it is warm outside. Can someone please help the smell is killing me it takes your breath away when you walk in the front door... ewwwww...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 07:58 PM

When you detect a little bit of moisture under a sink I can tell you this usually means a lot of moisture soaked into the wood over months/years. A slow drip every minute can add up to ten or more gallons a day. You likely have mold, rot and mildew but you have to find the drip before you even think of repairing the wet floor. Wrap your drain piep and trap with toilet paper, also wrap the supply lines and stop valves. Witin minutes you are likely to spot your first leak. Back to you
    jamie_crooks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2011, 05:26 AM
    I have same proplem but its not the sink its like in a corner but there's naffin there I still have it help me the smell goes and comes please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can you tell if dead animal or sewer smell? [ 2 Answers ]

I have spent a couple of hours looking at posts and trying to decide if I have a septic problem or a dead rat under my bathroom floor in the crawl space. We have had a rodent problem in our attic and in our crawlspace and have put poison in both areas. We killed one critter in the attic,...

Smell in the kitchen sink. [ 3 Answers ]

When we woke up there was just a funky smell in the kitchen sink... no clog. It smells sewage like. I have done a disposal cleaner, Liquid Plumber and there is still a smell when I lean in to sniff OR whenever water runs it sends the smell out... any ideas?? Please help! :)

Kitchen sink smell [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys, You guys gave me a nice estimate on my plumbing work earlier, thank you... but there were a few problems during the install... First, he put the wrong 2 gas pipes in. A few days later, we went to the store together and I purchased $64 in parts to hook up the double sink (mostly...

How do you get rid of dead animal smell? [ 1 Answers ]

We have had a rodent killed inside of crawl space smells fowl, canno't seem to find culprit how do we get rid of smell/

Dead Animal Smell [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed a "dead animal smell" in the front of my house from time to time, mostly around my driveway. I do not smell anything in my house at all and I do not see any dead animals outside my house. What could this be and what should I do about it? It's a faint odor, not too strong, but it's...

View more questions Search