Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    air13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 05:14 PM
    I'm a teenager and I get acne on my nose and around it and it my eyebrows and bad on my forehead. I know its bad to pick and pop but I can't help it sometimes I used dozens of items for acne.(acne wash.proactive, natures cure ect) none of them work properly. I haven't had a period ever yet but why is it so bad? And how can I help it?:confused: :confused:

I also get acne in my hair line/hair
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 18, 2006, 06:32 PM
    Acne commonly starts in the early teen years, when the oil glands in the body start making more sebum (oil). Heredity also plays a role. If your parents had acne as teens, it's more likely that you will, too.

Benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol, salicylic acid and sulfur are the most common over-the-counter medications used to treat acne. If an over-the-counter acne product doesn't seem to help after 2 months, see a dermetologist. The dermatologist may recommend treatments such as antibiotics, Retinoids or Retin-A, which can be very effective for treating acne.
    Reha Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 02:21 AM
    First of all stop popping pimples this will aggravate your problem... a very useful tip for applying on da pimple is apply toothpaste not da gel one preferably a flouridated one... jus on da pimply don't rub into.. just apply on da pimple... leave it for a an hour or so.. repeat it..

Use a herbal face wash...
    A very good one is MINT FACE WASH BY AROMA PRODUCTS...

They also have face packs do try it.. itz safe no side effects...

Other brands you can use are BIOTIQUE... HIMALAYA
    sweetnes406 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 09:48 AM
    Hey, I have bad acne to so I know how you feel, why don't you go to a dermatologist (if you already haven't ) and ask him about some good products that'll work, that's what I did and my acne's clearing up.( slowly but surely).
    amour_amour363 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2006, 02:59 PM
    Acne sucks! I know that for me what helped was increasing my water intake (it actually works! ) and I've started putting 100% aloe vera gel on after I clense and before I moisturize. I have noticed a difference, but I'm not sure how severe your acne is. Like people above, id go to a dermatologist.

Also about getting pimples in your hairline, try to keep the area clean, like after you play sport and stuff use a cleansing wipe or something to remove the sweat which could block your pores and make more.
    Ashleyroxyoursox Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by air13
    im a teenager and i get acne on my nose and around it and it my eyebrows and bad on my forehead. i know its bad to pick and pop but i can't help it sometimes i used dozens of items for acne.(acne wash.proactive, natures cure ect) none of them work properly. i havent had a period ever yet but why is it so bad? and how can i help it?:confused: :confused:

i also get acne in my hair line/hair
    Hello,
    You should use mary kay.
    It works reli good.
    And believe me its not too expensiv either.
    If you have any ?s about it just ask me.
    And believe me it works it cleared up my face
    ludekite Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 11:10 PM
    I'v had a hard time with my acne too, but I got a facial sample pack for christmas and it has done wonders for me. Go to the website for Kiss My Face organic products and try the sample pack then if it works you can get big bottles. Its mostly sold at stores like Wild Oats and Whole foods.
    Ro0dle Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Hello, I just answered another question about acne and this is what I put.. .

I would recommend going to see a dermotologist, also don't use face washes for oily skin or anything like that because they just make it worse, they make you skin create more oil and they make your skin flake too which traps bacteria. I would recommend using a face wash for all skin types - e.g. boots No.7 gentle foaming face wsh for all skin types. And use a light exfoliator 1nce or twice a week - e.g. Boots No.7 Radiance revealed exfoliator for all skin types. And then also use a hydrating fluid, not a moisturising cream because that can clog pores, use something like boots no.7 advanced hydration day fluid. As you can see I am a fan of boots No.7 products, this is because they are very good quality and work very well but they aren't very expensive. Also there is a boots No.7 blemish stick type thing, I think it is called calm and conceal and it has a roll-on liquid that calms the redness of spots and also a concealer in it. Make sure you use make-up that isn't oil based because this will clog your pores and make you get more spots. If you go to your doctor they should put you on antibiotics which should help (you may need to pester them for it) and if this doesn't clear your skin up they should refer you to a dermotologist

I'm not sure where you are from so I don't know if you have a Boots to buy No7 products.. .
    scac Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Wow, I have the same problem, I mean when I feel them on my face, I have to pop them. I have tried proactive and many others too. Um, now I am using Biorre products and it is helping. If you use any foundations, then I would recommend Neutrogena oil free and acne clearing make up.
    deanbert74 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 8, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by air13
    im a teenager and i get acne on my nose and around it and it my eyebrows and bad on my forehead. i know its bad to pick and pop but i can't help it sometimes i used dozens of items for acne.(acne wash.proactive, natures cure ect) none of them work properly. i havent had a period ever yet but why is it so bad? and how can i help it?:confused: :confused:

i also get acne in my hair line/hair
    When all over counter products fail your last resort is seeing a dermatologist. Most likely they will place you on a daily antibiotic and a drying facing wash, as well as Retin A (a very strong topical product put on before bed that dries out the blemish) and maybe a topical antibiotic. If your acne is deep and cystlike they can inject the cysts with an anbiotic in the office, which hurts, but the cyst will disapate very quickly.
    skingovernment Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Go to a dermatologist. They will inject your pimples with cortisone, prescribe accutane or an antibiotic and you'll get to the root of your acne problem. However, you need to have proper nutrition. Take multivitamins, vitamin c, vitamin b-complex, zinc and/or grapeseed extract. Eat more vegetable and fruits. Minimize sugar and salt intake. There's no easy way out.. benzoyl peroxide will leave scars on your face.. salicylic acid - sometimes effective sometimes not...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Acne help [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Im 17 and I get bad Ance, I have tried most if not all of the over the counter items but Nothing really seems to work and Im going crazy please help:(

Acne [ 4 Answers ]

I'm an 18 year old male and I've had facial acne for about 3-4 years now. I've always used oxy pads twice a day and the deep cleaning face wash every morning, but I'm not getting much better results. What products do you recommend for concealment and/or cure?

Acne [ 1 Answers ]

Like to know if anyone can tell me, I get , I think a form of acne along or in my hairline, they are small blood spots they don't go away on there own, what do I do?

View more questions Search