Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannanetienne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 05:08 PM
    No hot water in bath tub
    I have a single knob on my bath tub that controls the hot and cold water. The cold water
    Will come out, but the hot water will not. There is hot water in the rest of the house and the same bathrooms sink.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 12, 2006, 05:53 AM
    It sounds like you have mineral build-up in your heater and it has been sucked up into the hotwater inlet ports of the cartridge. Turn the water off to the valve, open it up and check and clean the ports 0n the cartridge.
    Also if you haven't flushed your heater yet let me show you how.
    For long life and fewer troubles you should keep your heater clear of mineral build-up by flushing on a regular schedule. Attach a hose to the boiler drain at the bottom of the tank. With the pressure on, open the boiler drain and let it run until the water runs clear. You will see a spurt of red,(rust) followed by white grains,(lime or calcium carbonate). This shouldn't take more then a few minutes. Do this monthly to keep it clear. Now flush out your hot water lines on ALL fixtures. Now pull each aerator and clean the screens. Be sure you put them back togather the same way you took them out. Don't forget to flush it out every month. Your heater will thank you for it. Hope this helps, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in bath tub [ 8 Answers ]

I have a single knob on my bath tub that controls the hot and cold water. The cold water Will come out, but the hot water will not. Please help! :confused: :(

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

No hot water from the bath tap [ 4 Answers ]

The hot water is only trickling out of the bath tap and comes to a stop although the washbasin hot tap is working- bathroom is upstairs. We have the same problem with the kitchen hot tap the water is only trickling and soon comes to a standstill. Can anyone help. Kind Regards, anr

Water coming up in bath tub [ 2 Answers ]

When draining the kitchen sink water, the water backs up into the bath tub. Have used drain cleaners in kitchen and bath tub both. Any ideas why water backs up into the tub? Thanks, Wingz

Hot water in bath, not kitchen! [ 3 Answers ]

Recently purchased house built in 1955. I noticed that the hot water in the kithchen both faucet and dishwasher is barely warm. In the two bathrooms, however, water is sufficiently hot. Setting on gas water heater is set almost to full hot. Home has only one water heater. What could be going...

View more questions Search