Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anesia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 03:25 PM
    I used white pvc cement on abs pipe will it work?
    I used pvc solvent cement on abs pipe just want to know if it will work?
    anesia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 03:26 PM

I used white pvc solvent cement on abs pipe will it work?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 05:26 PM
    Hi Anesia:

Did you use a PVC primer as well? Also, tell me how many joints got cemented? If a lot of joints then you may eventually find that a joint or two leaks over time,but if only one or two joints got cemented I wouldn't worry about them... should be fine... UNLESS the joints will be closed behind a wall or under an unaccessible floor... then you may want to cut the pipe/fittings out and do the work again!

Let us know more about the application. Please answer all my questions...

Thanks... Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I connect PVC drain pipe to existing ABS vent pipe? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm adding a shower to a basement 2 piece bathroom. Under the concrete is cast iron drain pipe. Above is ABS vent pipe which I'd like to tie into. Should I use 4" PVC or ABS drain pipe? This house is in Alberta Canada.

Combining PVC pipe and ABS pipe.Bad Idea Jeans? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm remodeling a bathroom and mistakenly did my drainage using pvc pipe. My house had ABS, and we used some of the ABS that we cut out together with the PVC. This was all glued together with PVC primer and cement. I didn't realize that the black pipe was not pvc until tonight when I was...

Abs vs pvc cement [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knows whether it is OK to use 'abs' cement on pvc pipe? I accidentally picked up a can of abs cement at Sears, which was right above the pvc fittings we were buying. Will

Where to buy oatey abs/pvc transition cement (green)? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if any of the big box stores or another national chain carry the oatey abs/pvc green transition cement? Thanks

Now What--PVC cement on ABS [ 1 Answers ]

Used PVC cement on black (ABS?) pipe on a trailer while gluing in a Drain Master flange. Cement is P-8 Nutone PVC Cement (ASTM D-2564). Joint looked good put didn't stress it. Will it hold? If not, what now? (just another example of gaining 'experience' by doing stupid things--great fun...

View more questions Search