Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizzy13A Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 01:10 PM
    The ink is rubbing off my 5 day tattoo
    I got a tattoo five days ago and this morning when I woke up I checked it out and there was ink coming off. Now some parts are light and others are dark black. What did I do wrong or what can I do to stop this from happening?
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Jun 14, 2010, 01:15 PM

That is most likely just scabbing. Just wash with antibacterial handsoap and put a thin layer of fragrance-free hand lotion on it. If anyone tells you to use A&D ointment, they are morons (it is made for diaper rash- not tattoos).
    lizzy13A Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 01:21 PM

Yeah they did tell me to use A&D. so then the ink stuff coming off is normal?

Jun 15, 2010, 10:22 AM

Yep, could also be holidays (areas where the ink didn't take or wasn't applied properly). Throw the A&D away- it leeches color. Perfectly normal. I have to ask, do they guarantee their work and are touchups free?
    Droppen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 02:33 PM
    I have the same problem I have a tattoo on my foot I got 4 days ago and I fell like half of it has been rubbed off, I can still see a little bit of color but most of it is just gone I don't know how to stop it but I could really use some help it looked good for the first 2 days then the ink started coming off on my cloths and it started cracking I put vasiline on it and lotion but some of it is still coming out what can I do?

Nov 18, 2010, 01:34 PM

Do not use vaseline. It is normal, especially on foot tattoos, for some of the ink to come off. Feet most often need a touch-up. Just use fragrance free lotion on it. It will take at least 10 - 14 days to heal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 Day Old Tattoo Swelling [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I got a lotus flower tattooed on my foot about 10 days ago now. It was doing great, no pain or swelling really. I work full time as a vet tech so I'm on my feet all day in closed shoes. I had two days after the tattoo to keep it breathing and then when I was at work I wouldn't put on my...

I put new ink cartriges in my printer with the tape off and it tells me no ink [ 1 Answers ]

I have the HP Deskjet D2660 printer. The new cartrages are the correct ones. I peeled the tape off and inserted them correctly, but the no ink light keeps flashing and it won't print anything. The printer is on line, and when the printer sits idle for ten minutes or so the light goes out, but the...

My tattoo may be rubbing off [ 5 Answers ]

I got a tattoo (my first one too) 3 days ago so its in the early healing stages. Every time I have a shower my tattoo seems to rub off a bit, I can't see any physical difference but I'm worried. Am I doing something wrong?

Tattoo ink [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know the best way to go about finding a tattoo parlor that uses hypo-allergic inks and does not have anitomony, arsenic, beryllium, cobalt, lead, lead compounds, nickel, selenium, and is animal friendly.

Tattoo ink [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can you please tell me if I am better off using the white tattoo ink before I use the black so it comes out white and not a grayish colour thanks

View more questions Search