Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gloria2 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 08:53 PM
    Converting VCR's to DVD's
    I have a collection of VCR tapes and would like to put them on DVD's
    Any idea if this can be done and if it's expensive?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 12:01 AM
    Hi, Gloria2!

Yes, it's possible to conver VHS video tapes to DVD. Whether it's expensive or not, would depend on what you're willing to spend.

If you do it yourself, you're going to need the correct equipment. If you have a lot of tapes, then doing it yourself might be more economical than having someone else do it. For example: I have a lot of tapes that I would like to convert. So, my spending the money on the proper equipment would probably be more cost effective than having someone else do it for me.

If you would rather have someone else do it for you, people who have recording studio type of equipment will sometimes have the equipment for the conversion. A computer repair person might also own that type of equipment. Those are the two entities that I can think of right now. Perhaps someone else might also have some ideas?

For more information, you might also want to click on the following links.

LINK ONE

LINK TWO

Thanks!
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Jun 16, 2010, 01:05 PM
    Yes is can be done. I am assuming there is no copyright issues here and you are interested in converting home videos.Here is a http://www.signvideo.com/conv-v-to-d.htm to help you.You can either convert it using your computer or get a standalone DVD recorder. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VCR's after February 17th [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard that my great Mitsubishi VCR, which is not digital will not be any use after February 17th. I do not have cable or dish, nor do I have a HD TV. My main question here is will I have to get a digital VCR to record shows off regular network?

CD dvd's [ 1 Answers ]

I just like to know a few things about these optical disks. Here's my question: First of all, dvd, cd, vcd - are they the file extensions? e.g. Movie1.dvd If there not the file extensions, are these the following extensions or formats of dvd's and vcd's: Avi mpeg vob that I've got a...

DVD's won't play! [ 5 Answers ]

Hey folks. Recently I posted before about my computer not booting up and it seems the troubles haven't ended there. I have a Dell Demension e510. I recently replaced the power supply to a 350 watt output I think it is.. I just know it's 350watt from what my fiancé said. And just a...

Burning dvd's [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently downloaded the KLite codec pack which came with the Media Player Classic. I like that this player plays mvi files but I would like to be able to burn the English versions. When I try to burn them using Nero I get the Japenese without subtitles. Can anyone tell me if it is possible...

Copying DVD's [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a new computer which has a DVD-RW drive. Can I copy DVD movies from the video store or do they have some sort of anti-copying device that will prevent it?

View more questions Search