Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    safety911 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 09:54 AM
    What causes my ceiling fan light ot blink on and off, the fan to be a single speed?
    This fan has worked fine without any problem for years? Remote switch play a part?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 13, 2010, 02:36 PM

That's the funny thing about things when they break, they were working just fine a minute ago. Lets start with a little experiment, open the hand held and move all the dip switches to either I or O, which means on or off. Open the canopy to get at the receiver and do the same to those dip switches. Problem still there or not?

Jun 16, 2010, 03:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Thats the funny thing about things when they break, they were working just fine a minute ago. Lets start with a little experiment, open the hand held and move all the dip switches to either I or O, which means on or off. Open the canopy to get at the receiver and do the same to those dip switches. Problem still there or not??
    This is a 'hunter' remote, part #85095-01... dip switch? This thing doesn't have off or on positions. The remove just has numbers in reverse, right to left (Chinese) 4 3 2 1. All but #4 have a plastic piece that seems to connect the two copper prongs at the top with a copper cross piece? MAybe I just need a bigger hammer? Heh... heh... Thanks for your help!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 11:24 PM

Does the fan have pullchains?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Jun 22, 2010, 05:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair View Post

No, it does NOT have any pull chains...
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2010, 03:29 PM

I take it the fan is a Hunter fan too? You can order parts from them. Sounds like a receiver issue.

However, try new dip switch settings first, as it was suggested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to wire ceiling fan switch and 2-3way light switches for ceiling lht/fan combo [ 5 Answers ]

I have 1 single pole switch for fan, and 2 three way switches to run light only. The power in is by the double box that will house the fan switch and the #1 light 3way. The other box houses the other three way switch. My fan switch is turning the light on and off, the three ways are doing nothing....

Ceiling fan switch - 4 speed fan sold by sears [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the chain out of the switch on my Sears ceiling fan. Any suggestions on where to find a switch replacement or adapt to something else? Sears no longer stocks the part, I have tried Ace Hardware, Home Depot and local ceiling fan store.

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan: fan speed pull chain [ 2 Answers ]

The pull chain controlling the fan speed snapped off inside the unit. How much disassembly is required to replace it?

Ceiling Fan single switch/Light two 3-way switches [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire... Ceiling Fan with Light switched separately. Light to be controlled by two 3-way switches and fan controlled by a separate single switch. :confused:

Ceiling fan: change capacitor for single speed [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Loyal Products made in Taiwan fan with melted 4 wire capacitor. The capacitor has blue wire in and red 4uF, white 4.5uF and yellow 5uF wires out. This is connected to a two layer switch by the red and yellow wire. The white capacitor wire connects to a red wire going into the motor. My...

View more questions Search