Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mazila Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jun 12, 2010, 06:19 PM
    Fraud under 5000$ please help me
    Hi to everyone, please help me , Iam from Toronto ,I don't know what to do, and sorry for my spelling it could be wrong, Guys, I was caught when I changed the tags,so the amount is 55 $ ,police was called, and I have my court date,so know I am totally lost, I am 28, and I don't have any criminal record, but problem iz , I just applied for the PR card, ( Permanent Resident Card),I have to kids, I know I am stupid, and worsen mom at the would,I have 2 kids,what to do? My husband will kick me out if he will know,I send apologize letter to store, and I was cooperative with police,one of them told me in 99 % in your case no criminal record, but me so skared, I can not eat ,sleep, what should I say at the court, if they will ask me why you did? How many times you did ? What I should answer,I can not afford a lawyer, and like I said my husband he doesn't know anything,I will wait for your advise,thanks a lot, ( I am student, completing a college)

Jun 12, 2010, 06:30 PM

And I scared if I will be Deported??

Jun 13, 2010, 08:47 AM

Can somebody help me PLeaseeeeeeeeeee!!
    charged.me Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 03:56 PM

Request a diversion program to the crown when you going to the court at the first appearance. The diversion program may included community services or pay a fine. After that, the charged will be dismissed

You will have no criminal record, you will have a cpic record when you did fingerprinter, but you can ask the record destroyed after the charged have been dismissed.

The cpic record will affect you across border, and CIC officer also know the cpic record when you come back to Canada, it may affect your immigration application. It is important to let them destroyed.

After destroyed the cpic, you are clear. Nothing will against you later.

Jun 14, 2010, 06:31 AM
    Thank you very mach,u did may day, I feel I want to die, I have 10 month old son, but I can not take care of him now, I just thinking about this stupid situation, What do you thing ,I have chance for the Deversion programm
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2010, 07:29 AM

Well first, too late to even talk about a defense, since you confessed, wrote letters admitting guilt. That is another entire discussion, about burden of proof.

But yes in many cases you can get a diversion program. You need to tell husband, if he finds out latter it will be worst

Jun 14, 2010, 08:24 AM
    Yes I know, but I really scared, I don't know,what if he will never trust me, OK I hope they will give me a chance,but days are passing so long, I have my court date on 15 July 2010,

Jun 14, 2010, 08:11 PM
    [QUOTE=mazila;2393040]yes I know, but I really scared, I don't know,what if he will never trust me, OK I hope they will give me a chance,but days are passing so long, I have my court date on 15 July 2010,[Are they will send any letter, I am trying come early from college to get all the ail, so I guess ,I have to expect letter from the store
    charged.me Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 03:20 AM

It is possible you will not be given diversion program, but not likely, it depends on the decision from Crown. If the crown think your should be sentenced, then, you have to face judge.

The sentences also will be some fine or community services, or discharge but not like diversion, you will have a criminal record and you will have CPIC record and you cannot destroy record later.

Jun 15, 2010, 07:20 AM

Thank you very mach, I hope ,I will get diversion program,OK and one more question, what will be on the court what should I answer, 1) Why you did this? 2) Is it your first time, And what kind of question will be asked, And can I be deported?? And all the decision will be makes on the Court date?? And how many court I will have, so mach question, I really sorry

Jun 15, 2010, 02:19 PM

O my God ,what to do, I will be deported alone or with my family, I don't want to think about this, but I have to, because Iam stypid, Guys I soooo disappointment, and I don't know, still my husband doesn't know anything, I am scare to tell, or they will deport me alone?? so many question, what if they will ask , I am doing first time or?? What should I answer, actually it was a second time I did??

Jun 15, 2010, 04:03 PM

Noooooo, I was trying to do the first time but I didn't, the first time you always scared,and my family was with me, and I left staff, and bought by original price,I mean I change price tag second time, but in the first time I didn't purchase, so should I tell this to judge, and what kind of question will be asked at the court, and how long the court will continue, really I can not calm down, I don't know why I so stupid,so for keeping of writing post, because only with you guys I can share, nobody knows , I don't know what will happen ,but anyway I want to talk with you, please can I??

Jun 15, 2010, 05:42 PM

Yes you right, God knows everything already what should will happen with me so,, just only thing I can do Prayyyy, I can not hire a lawyer ,I can not afford , but can I tell them its my first time I did this, is it fine to tell

Jun 16, 2010, 07:04 AM

OK ,I will, you know , when I talk with police they told me you no need a lawyer, but I don't know if they were friendly or not,and you know I feel in my test, so my life is going down slowly, what do you think they can deport me with out my family,? Thanks a lot for your advice, you only person with whom I sharing my problem

Jun 19, 2010, 06:54 PM

Days are passing so long,

Jun 28, 2010, 08:47 AM

I have my fingerprints tomorrow, I so scared

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fraud under 5000$ [ 6 Answers ]

I'm not even sure if this is what I think it is. Basically I'll just describe the situation. I walked into my bank yesterday with a wish to deposit my paycheck. I walk to the ABM machine and see a question on it *DO YOU NEED MORE TIME ?* I clicked yes, it prompted me to a menu of a...

Fraud under $5000 [ 1 Answers ]

I have been frauded for fraud under $5000, and theft of credit card, what is the worst that will happen?

Fraud under $5000 [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I just recently got charged of fraud under $5000. I worked in a retail store and did returns on my Visa Card as an employee on my own. Now it's against company policy to do so on your own (doing return/purchase transactions on your own) but I did anyway to save time from having to...

Fraud under $5000. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the usual sentence in ontario canada for 8 counts of fraud totaling less than $5000

Fraud Under $5000 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am in Canada, I was called down to a police station and the peace officer issued a appearance notice to attend court and get fingerprinted. It says I committed fraud under $5000. He showed me some pictures of me at the store. 1) most important - will I get a criminal...

View more questions Search