Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lms06 Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Jun 11, 2010, 08:58 AM
    Garage Door Sensor Help
    My garage door had been working fine until about a week or 2 ago, when it wouldn't close as I was leaving. I've been having to open and close it by hand. I checked the sensors, cleaned them off, made sure nothing was blocking them and right after doing so the garage door went down a lot farther than it had been, but returned back up. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the sensors, but I do not have a manual or anything so I can do any type of troubleshooting,

They are Door Safety Moore-O-Matic, Does anyone know if there should be a light on on either of them, if so, what color, and should it be steady or blinking? There currently is no light illuminated.

If I need to replace them is that something I could do myself?

Thanks in advance!
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2010, 09:06 AM

Ims06, I think on yours you should have one with green light and one with red light. Try getting them inline so the beams hit. You might try stretching a string from one to the other to assist in lining up. Good luck. Also, make sure the wires are connected.
    lms06 Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Jun 16, 2010, 07:08 AM

Thanks, I think you're right, however there are no lights on, I've tried messing with the wiring, but still, nothing!

How would I go about replacing them? Would I have to have someone that works on garage doors do it or is it something I would be able to do myself?

Also, is there anyway to disconnect them so the garage door will at least close?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The garage door light sensor not working. [ 3 Answers ]

I have garage door that have sensor, it will authomatic turn off the light from the motor when no activity and when I walk in the path the light will come on but now it not working what wrong? I did look at the sensor, one side have green light the other have orange, it the sensor went bad? I...

How do I syncronize my remote control garage door pad with my garage door [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how I can syncronize my remote control pad to open the garage door from the car?? I recently reset my code on the panel, because I didn't know the original code and now when I drive up in the car, my remote contral pad does not work to open the garage door... Any possible...

Garage door remote doesn't close door in colder weather [ 1 Answers ]

My garage door remote works fine when the weather is warm, however, if it gets below 60degrees, it won't close (no problems with opening it). When this happens, the only way to close it is to hold down the manual garage door opener continually until it's completely closed (otherwise it'll start...

Bypassing the garage door photo sensor [ 1 Answers ]

My laser light is broken on my garage door opener. I have to hold the wried button until the door completely shuts or it automatically reopens. It opens correctly with the remote but will not close. My Question - can the laser be disconnected so the door will function without holding the button for...

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

View more questions Search