Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traction Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2004, 08:42 AM
    Is it just a con?
    We've been living together for 6yrs. Quite often NOT for the last 2. This last fight was really bad on his part. I kicked him out again. 2wks later he says he bought me a new car as a wedding gift. Then he tells me I'm not on the insurance. Then he admits he bought it for establishing HIS credit and by the way My share of the payments would be $300.00mth. (he wants to drive my car and I wuold drive his new one) Is this just a con when he bought it for him and then if I accepted it he would turn it into a gift? :o
    chrisgower Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2004, 08:45 AM
    Is it just a con?
    A gift is meant to be 'free', the definition of this being not paying a thing. A gift is also meant to be thought of and planned and surely if he was buying it for you, he would have asked your opinion about colour's and features and that sort of thing that comes with buying a car.

If you have to pay for it then it's not a gift, he's decided to buy you a car, it wasn't a joint decision he decided it. It sounds like he bought it for him, and used the old 'I bought it for you' excuse so he can drive around in it. :o
    Jahiem28 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jul 28, 2004, 01:51 PM
    Re: is it just a con?
    Hi I think u call this one yourself. THis is the oldest con in the book. It seems to me he looking to con you out of paying for note. You used the WORD fighting for the past 2y. And you had to kick him out. When it get to the point of fighting it time to walk away. Cause what happen if you keep kicking someone out and taking them back. They know your weakness and then can give u a gift and you will forgive them. Then when ever they want a break from you or want to mess around they can just pick a fight and be free for a couple of weeks to have lots of fun. I have friend a who lives with a guy and every now and then she get tired of being in a relationship so she picks a fight and then run off for 3 or 4 days. THat the times we are living in it sucks. GOOD LUCK TAKE CARE GOD BLESS!!
    A gift from the heart is priceless!!
    mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jun 30, 2005, 10:23 PM
    Con job
    Looks like a con job to get a new car so back off and study this
    turtlegirl Posts: 151, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2005, 09:22 AM
    RUN. There is some reason you are OFF more than on. Get off the rollercoaster!
    mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jul 3, 2005, 09:59 PM
    Sorry end
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlegirl
    RUN. There is some reason you are OFF more than on. Get off the rollercoaster!!
    Well if this is the best you got I feel sorry for those at the other end

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search