Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emmavictoria1991 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 07:31 AM
    What should I do?
    I have been with my boyfriend now for nearly two years in August.
    A month into our relationship I wasn't sure if I liked him as much as I should, I ended up cheating on him with a guy I know (just a kiss) 2 months later I kissed another boy. I was drunk both times. I never told my boyfriend,and just left it. However now its been nearly two years since it happened and I have really fallen for my boyfriend, I love him more than anything, and I know I would never cheat on him again ever. They were just two stupid mistakes, and when I think about what I did I feel so guilty.
    Im not sure whether or not I should just forget it, because I know ill never do it again or tell him to stop myself feeling so guilty, but then I'm not sure I want to risk losing him over something which happened so long ago and something which was a stupid mistake!
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 10, 2010, 07:35 AM

Whilst I am all for honesty in any relationship I think if you tell your b/f about these 2 kisses, then you could end up causing problems where there aren't any, as long as that's all you've done is kiss 2 boys, then there's no need to tell your b/f.

Try not to get drunk in future.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 07:50 AM
    You have to decide.

Would you rather live a life with this secret and guilt hanging over your shoulders.

Or do you confess your mistake and risk hurting your boyfriend and even possibly losing him?

There's no right or wrong answer. We can picture ourselves in your shoes, but we're not really in your shoes. You have to decide. Both decisions have consequences.

A better question to ask yourself is: what kind of person do you want to be?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 08:04 AM

This has nothing to do with alcohol. I'm sure you've gotten drunk since then and nothing has happened, and you say it will never happen again, so I assume the only thing that's changed is that you know you love him now.

I would just hope that in the future, if you get into a fight or aren't happy with him, you don't resort to kissing another guy. This is about how you handle yourself. If I were you, I wouldn't tell him. It's your choice. You have a right to feel guilty, but you also have a right to know that we all make mistakes. Correcting them is what matters.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 10, 2010, 11:00 AM

Forgive yourself, and do better from here on out.
    ashleighcooper1 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Jun 10, 2010, 02:26 PM

If it was more than a kiss, then it would be a different story, and considering that it was only a few months into your relationship together, it might not be seen as much of a big deal.

This decision is up to you. I'm sure you've been together long enough now for him to understand how meaningless those two kisses were? Therefore you could tell him, and move on.

But if you feel as though he will take offense at what you've done, then don't hurt him. Two kisses surely meant nothing? So surely it'd be easy to forget that they ever happened, and just continue living a great life with your boyfriend.

Don't jeopardise anything if you think it will ruin your relationship together. 2 years is not worth losing over two stupid kisses.

Hope you make the right decision, and everything runs smoothly. Take care :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search