Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicholelee86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 11:34 AM
    Folic acid

Hello. I was wondering if it's OK to take Rite Aid Prenatal Tablets with Folic Acid to help me to conceive?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 01:13 PM

You are wise to take a prenatal vitamin while trying to conceive and Rite Aid prenatals are fine.

The reason taking folic acid is so important prior to conceiving is not really that it necessarily helps you to conceive, but that proper levels are known to reduce the chance of certain birth defects. These birth defects would often occur before many women even know they are pregnant. Folic acid is important throughout pregnancy, especially in the last trimester as well as it is important for the increased brain function that occurs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be takeing folic acid [ 8 Answers ]

Hi another one for you ha think I mite be pregnant being trying since my last period and that was the 9th June should I be taking folic acid now just I haven't started taking it yet people have said I should be I always wait till I find out I am then I start taking it then,I already have little...

High Folic acid during pregnancy ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, Today , I bought a prenatal vitamin which contain 1 mg of Folic acid (1000 mcg)... Is it proper.. Again it is having Selenium of 20mcg, manganese 2 mg, chromium 120 mcg... please tell is this proper level.. I am confused different comments in internet... Please help me as soon...

Tegretol while pregnant. How much folic acid? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 3 months pregnant and I take 200mg of tegretol 3 times a day. It controls my seizures so I have to take it. I only take tegretol. I've been taking 1200mcg of folic acid a day. Is this enough or too much?

Folic Acid [ 6 Answers ]

Hello to you, and thank you for taking the time to review and answer my question – This is really an amazing site!! I just found out that I’m pregnant; and have been taking 800mcg of Folic Acid for about two weeks now. I read somewhere that it helps with the development of the fetus (brain) –...

Folic acid [ 7 Answers ]

Is it safe for me to take folic acid and prenatal vitamins at the same time even though I hadn't had my period for 7 months? It been a week I have been taking it but I don't even know if I suppose to be experincing some symptons or not.. or is it safe?

View more questions Search