Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilui8320 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 06:51 PM
    Air conditioner fan doesn't move even though capacitor has been replaced
    Hi, My central air conditioner fan (outside) doesn't move when the system kicks off. However, it moves when I use a stick to give it a push. I guess it may be the capacitor problem. So, I buy a replacement and replace it. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. Appreciate if someone could give me an advice in what else that I could check.

Many thanks
    jdjohn84 Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Jun 8, 2010, 08:48 PM

Is there humming or buzzing coming from the fan motor? If so, the motor is probably dead. I just had to replace mine today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioner air handler fan runs constantly [ 5 Answers ]

Heat pump, Trane, late 80's vintage. To me a very typical heat pump. Air handler fan runs constantly. Turn up the thermostat, fan runs. Remove thermostat, fan runs. Disconnect the breaker fan turns off (duh). Reconnect the breaker with the thermostat high (no demand) the fan runs but the...

Need to Replace GE Fan Motor for outside York air conditioner air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

The motor model number is 5KCP39EG IT IS A HP 1/4, VOLT 208/230, rpm 1075, hz 60-50 pHASE 1. Are they making this motor anywhere? If so where? Thanks

Outside Fan on Air Conditioner [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. If anyone could help me with my air problem it would be greatly appreciated. I don't know much about it so I apologize for not giving much information. My question is we just replaced our unit last year so we only used it through the winter. I'm not positive that it was working correctly then...

Checking air conditioner capacitor [ 7 Answers ]

Our central air unit isn't putting out cold air. I was told it might be the capacitor since we have just come out of a black out. Can anyone tell me how to check for the capacitor?

Air conditioner fan and heater fan do not work [ 1 Answers ]

My air conditioner will not come on. I check to see if the furnace fan would come on with the heat setting and it also does not work. I checked all the outside circuit breakers and took the yellow wire on the thermostat and touched it 2 minutes to the red wire, the AC motor did not start. I suspect...

View more questions Search