Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lala228 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 04:56 PM
    Basement Blues
    Okay I live in a nice house, that needs a lot of fixing up. Especially in the basement. Now it has three areas, one is the laundry space which has a big hole in the floor for the water pump to drain the water from the washer. The main area leaks water through either the windows or the walls I can't tell yet, and the last area has the gas heater in it. If I could post up pics of the basement I would so you could get a better idea of what it all looks like, but there isn't any carpet down there which makes the floor super cold during the winter time, and some of the walls are like a wood replacement or something like that fake wood I can't think of the word right now that means it's supposed to be wood but it's not. Lol. Anyway because it's wet and damp it's making the said fake wood bubble.

So I guess my question would be If I was to get all this fixed and more who would I need to get to figure what all needed to be done and around how much do you think it would cost?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 12:45 AM

Welcome lala

U would need a contractor that does water proofing. Get at least 3 bids and specs on what is to be done. The specs should cover all areas of concern. Pick the one that seems right for u, not necessarily the cheapest. In specs u would like to get warranty time limit.

The cost of the work varies from area to area around country. And with info u gave price can be anywhere between 10k to 50k or more.

Chuck
    Carl17 Posts: 66, Reputation: 9

Jul 10, 2010, 01:49 PM
    Hello lala,
    Many states offer reimbursement for waterproofing/basement finishing, doing a little research into this could save you some money. Hope this helps.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 10, 2010, 02:58 PM

Good advice above... In addition: General Contractor is the guy for your project. He has his subs that will take turns on your basement project. As mentioned above, waterproofing is the most important part of your remodeling. Check on various new products that you may utilize in the basement. Also, there is a chance contractor will have to dig on the outside and around the foundation to lead water away. If you have downspouts on side of your house than lead them away so they are not dumping water along side of the basement walls.
    Lala228 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 04:39 PM
    Comment on Carl17's post
    Ahh... thanks so much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blues music for blues dancing [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, looking for a list of blues music to dance to. Any suggestions? I found 'ain't no sunshine when she's gone' by Freddie King that's perfect. YouTube - Freddie King: Ain`t No Sunshine When She`s Gone.

Blues on [ 1 Answers ]

I am fighting all the time as I try to explain I am feeling I do everything to keep him happy. He has he mated styaing here and I noticed tat lhe forgets about me. We all wrent out and he hung with his mate and walked of on me and seemed to not care whfere I was. I have tols him he is inconsitent...

Blues [ 4 Answers ]

My wife has used my credit card and has previously been making payments on it, basically its her card and , (at least as far as our household is concerned). Recently she failed to make the appropriate payments and now the card is passed due. I contacted the company and asked if they could lower the...

What blues song is this. [ 2 Answers ]

I only know some of the lyrics and it is driving me crazy. "She's 24 in the waist, the prettiest girl I've ever seen, she .... oh what a scene" "She's mine, tell the world that girl is mine" I tried to Google but I have had no luck. Also, I really want to buy the album that this is on, so...

View more questions Search