Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zylstra Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Jul 30, 2004, 01:09 AM
    Online Dating
    Does anyone have any experience with online dating?  Does it work well?  In particular, has anyone tried www.online-dating-personals.com ?

Thanks
    Scorpio848 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Jul 30, 2004, 08:33 AM
    Re: Online Dating
    Hello,

I met someone online once. It was about 4 years ago. We chatted for months and then agreed to meet. He only lived one hour away. We had a great evening, a little making out and then went our separate ways. Even though we had a great first night, it just didn't end up being a love romance. To this day, we have remained friends and still chat and email. He's a great guy.

My Aunt Lisa met a man on line. They chatted for months and then agreed to meet. They have been together ever since. They have been married now, for 3 years and still continue to grow and love each other more and more every day.

Anyone reading this, be advised that it may not always end up being a fairytale or a new best friend. Be careful and always have your guard up. If you decide to meet someone, make it in a very public place. Do not let them know where you live and always let a family member or a friend know where you will be. Take one of them with you even. There's a bunch of freaks out there!!

Scorpio
    Jahiem28 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jul 30, 2004, 09:06 AM
    Hi online dating is kind of interesting. It taking a chance to explore something that normally would never present itself. Do u truly want to meet person or better yet remain a mystery to someone from a far away place. Is it destiny or just a dream. I have met a few people through online friendship clubs. There are truly some nice people. The other side to that there are a lot of crazy folks out there. If anyone decides to date online never meet a person at there house for the first time. Always meet in a public place and make sure someone knows were you are at all time. Not a bad idea to double date. That just my 3 cents.
    I43THfbbabe19 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2004, 11:41 AM
    Online Dating can be a great thing. I've had many boyfriends on-line and they tend to last a long time. And I still have a ton of friends that are always there for me. Still you have to be careful. You never who's pretending to be who. There are a lot of jerks out there. Good Luck with this!
    figmentofme Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2004, 01:34 PM
    Online Dating
    Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!

The great thing about online dating is that you can disclose who you really are before actually meeting the person. If you are absolutely honest with the way you are, the other person can decide whether you're the gurl/guy for him/her. If the other party does the same, at least you've got a good idea of what you two would be getting into, even before meeting, and before all the physical confusions get in there. Physical attractions can screw you up in the head and blind you from the rational thought processes you SHOULD have.

Anyhow, my cousin met his wife online and are happily together with two kids now. He had to fly to the other side of the world to meet, marry, and bring her back.

I am currently in my first relationship from an online source... (even though it's no longer at the 'online' stage) and so far, it's been good.
    someone27 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Sep 15, 2009, 01:25 PM

Hello! I'm currently dating a man I met on the internet. Datehookup.com to be exact and no I've never heard of the website you mentioned. We recently professed our love for each other and everything is going well.
    Just be careful and picky about who you want to meet. Make sure you meet in a familiar place if that's what you decide and make sure everything "feels right", so to speak. Most men on those dating sites are perverts but there's a sprinkle of good ones like my honey... :o) Good Luck and take your time!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dating online [ 10 Answers ]

Hello All, I have recently started to correspond with a Russian lady. The more I think about it the more apprehensive I get. After the physical appearance (I have to fancy someone in the first place), I am trying to consider the personal compatibility (psychological, emotional, type traits). I...

Advice on online dating sites [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everybody, I need some advice on what dating service I should sign up, looking around a found a couple of few sites like www.plentyofish.com and www.online4love.com as free sites. Anyone have any luck with free sites in the past. There are so many sites out there which ones are the best to...

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

Online dating - what do I say to her? [ 16 Answers ]

I have now been single for five years, before that I was in an 11 year relationship that when bust. Ready for dating but it's not so easy find dates for my age group in pubs and clubs. I have joined a dating agency. What do I say to get that first response? Tell her about myself, my hobbies;...

View more questions Search