Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psychochky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 05:58 PM
    When should I see a doctor I just found out I am approx 7 weeks pregnant?
    So I just found out that I am pregnant took two tests 1 at night and the next the following day in the evening. According to the online way of deciding due date I am 7 weeks pregnant. I am wondering when I am suppose to see a doctor about this or what I should be doing? Thank you much appreciated
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2010, 06:13 PM

Congrats! Do you have any recommendations for an OB or midwife? If not, check with family, friends, or people at work for who they would recommend and call a few to set up an appointment. Tell them you have a positive pregnancy result and wanted to have a consultation appointment. You can usually visit a few for consultations (usually at no charge) so that you can find one you feel will be a good fit for you. They will likely get you in in the next week or so. Once you have an OB or midwife chosen, might even be your gyn if they are also an OB, you'll start your regular prenatal visits.

Also, if you haven't already, start a prenatal vitamin and make any other lifestyle changes that you know would be healthy.
    psychochky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 06:37 PM
    Hey thank you for responding I feel so confused about this whole thing. I took the tests and then was like hmm so what do I do now. Then got a vitamin just from wal-mart. Not sure if it matters though. I feel like I should have a doctor visit to actually confirm it before I tell anyone though. Except my b/f because it doesn't feel real. I am way excited though. Only problem is I don't have health ins and have no clue how to choose one. I make too much money to get assistance like wic or something so have no idea what to do. So is it OK that I haven't seen the doc yet because I always heard you are suppose to go like rite away when like 4 weeks along but I only found out after what I approx of being 7 weeks along.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2010, 06:44 PM

It's fine... many women don't know they are pregnant right away.

Yes, it would be a good idea to have it confirmed. You can go to the local health department, or a pregnancy center, such as planned parenthood, and get a test done there. It will be the basic urine test like you can take at home.

Ask them about medicaid for during pregnancy if you need coverage. You can also ask about Healthy Start as you might qualify for that. There may be other programs available in your area/state that they can put you in touch with as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

11 weeks pregnant, could the doctor be wrong? [ 6 Answers ]

OK I went to the doc they told me that I was 11 weeks and I am getting so biggg And I took 6 hpts and they either came back invald or negative up intill Sunday then it came back pos I have always been little and now I have a belly so can anyone help me and tell me what kind of questions to the...

I am 11 weeks pregnant, doctor says I'm 12.5 though! [ 5 Answers ]

I just went for my first scan and the doctor said I was 12.5 weeks pregnant. I know the day conceived so I know I am only 11 weeks. Is it possible for the foetus to be just large? I read somewhere that the foetus is able to take a growth spurt and this may cause it to look older than it is. Is...

Recently found out I am 6 weeks, 3 days Pregnant and now I am spotting brown [ 12 Answers ]

So about a week ago I took a pregnancy test and found out I was pregnant. I took the test as a joke, well the jokes on me. Regardless I'm super excited now and my boyfriend is crazy with joy as well. To confirm the pregnancy I took three more tests ( I know, probably could have just done one more...

Is it possible for the doctor to be able to tell the sex of my baby at 17 weeks? [ 4 Answers ]

I'll be 17 weeks when I see the doctor in about a week and 3 days... I just wanted to know if she will be able to tell the sex

I found a lump. Should I see a doctor? [ 1 Answers ]

I found a small lump behind my left ear. It feels like a hard ball under the skin, but it does not move. When I apply slight pressure I feel pain in my ear. Should I see a doctor?:confused:

View more questions Search