Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justme99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 09:00 PM
    Probation Violation
    Is there a statute of limitations on a probation violation in the state of Michigan?

A friend of mine had a warrant issued for her a long time ago for violation of probation. They never picked her up. It has been years since it was issued. Is there a limitation on how long of time passes that this would go away?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 06:26 AM
    Helo just:

Yeah. The time she was on probation was the limit. Once she's off, they can't violate her - they just can't.

excon
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2006, 07:00 PM
    That is true in a misdemeanor case. Is it also true in a felony case?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2006, 08:03 PM
    Once they have a warrant, that means that the persons probation has been violated, and they did not serve out their time on probation, thus the warrant will stay active forever, and they can be brought before the original court for a hearing. It will up to that judge to decide if they are going to dismiss it, or not, once the warrant is issued, it freezes time on the criminal act and the SOL.
    mjinms Posts: 39, Reputation: 0

Dec 23, 2006, 11:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justme99
    Is there a statute of limitations on a probation violation in the state of Michigan?

A friend of mine had a warrant issued for her a long time ago for violation of probation. They never picked her up. It has been years since it was issued. Is there a limitation on how long of time passes that this would go away?
    If the probation period is not completed then it goes to being caught and shows up on ncic. That is national crime info computer that is used by law enforcement agencies all over the united states. A person can be sent to jail and serve out time since the person isn't fulfiling the guidelines of probation. Depends on different things. If it's a major offensene or minor. If the probation and almost up and all the fine is paid they may not enforce jail time but if the money isn't paid and probation isn't finished, they will pick you up eveen its been 10 yrs are longer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation Of Probation [ 9 Answers ]

My husband was charged with Resisting Arrest w/o Violence. He was sentenced to take 8 hr Anger management Class. Probation for 1 year. Write apology letter to cop. Pay court fees & FInes = 825.00. My husband was pulled back into jail for Violation Of Probation. Everything else was...

Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My husband was arrested two weeks ago when he went to see his probation officer because of a failed drug test. He was arrested on the spot and has been in jail every since. I talked to his PO and he said he would ask judge to reinstate and send him for rehab. He also said it could take a...

Probation Violation ? [ 2 Answers ]

I was doing well on probation for drug sales.Made it to mail in,had to report every third month.Got in trouble with CPS.failed a drug test with CPS.When time to report to PO.I got scared because of failed test with CPS.It's been 5 months since contact with PO of any kind.What am I looking at,and...

Violation of Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I received a underage drinking ticket and am currently on probation for that. I received a violation of probation for missing one of my alcoholic classes, because I had class conflicts at my university. I am working two jobs and going to school. Does this Violation in Indiana require me to go to...

Probation violation [ 7 Answers ]

Dose any one know if a probation violation is filed when youer arrested for a new charge or after you plead quilty to the new charge ?

View more questions Search