Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brianstumo50428 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 11:04 AM
    I have no water what do I check first
    I have no water what do I check first I have a farm well
    hontoni Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2010, 01:16 PM

There could be many reasons you have no water from a well. Here is what I would check.

I am assuming you have no water in the whole house.

1) Check to see if the pump is running, if it is not, see 2 & 3 below, otherwise, check 4.
    2) Check the breaker for the pump motor.
    3) Check the on/off switch for the pump motor.
    4) If the pump is running and you have no water, you could have lost the prime or you might need a new pump. At this point I would call a plumber who specializes in well pumps.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2010, 02:37 PM

Follow advice 1 to 3 above. I wouldn't jump into 4 just yet.

1. Is your pump in the well or above ground?
    2. Do you have any kind of filter/softener on your system?
    3. If you have a pressure gauge on your system, what does it read?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to check house water pressure to see if too high [ 2 Answers ]

I want to learn how to check the water pressure in my house to see if it is too high. The water 'spurts' when initially turned on, as if overly pressurized, then flows normally. This seems to be a relatively new phenomenon, as we have lived in our house for 7+ years, and only recently has this been...

How do you check dip tube in electric water heater? [ 10 Answers ]

My NEW water heater is not producing hot water. The top of the tank is slightly warm and the bottom of tank is cold. Checked voltage on the thermostat and upper had voltage, lower did not. Changed the lower thermostat. No change. What is the problem? Was told maybe there wasn't a dip tube in tank...

How to check if water is in a Pressure Tank [ 1 Answers ]

How can I check to see if my pressure tank is getting any water? The entire system is just a little over a year old. The pump seems to run more then what it should. I have checked the pressure on the tank and it is set at 28 psi (30 - 50 psi switch). No water came out of the valve, so the tank...

Water heater check valve [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I just moved into a new house. The builder bankrupted on us and left us with several problems. Most are readily fixable, but one has me a bit puzzled. There are two water heaters, one at each end of the house, connected properly. They connect to the water lines in parallel so that the...

View more questions Search