Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hontoni Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2010, 08:06 AM
    Can anyone help with my dryer?
    Kenmore elite smartheat quietpak9, model #110.95862400. I turns itself off after about a minute (sometimes less). Sometimes it just goes blank, sometimes I get an error code of E1. I can either just re-start it right away, or I have to hit Cancel and then it will re-start. Then it turns itself off again.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2010, 07:39 PM

hontoni- ON this one ,I am goping to just take a couple guesses,without actually being there and doing some checks first;; #1- Have the [HI-TEMP cut off checked for Proper operation ,AND also the START SWITCH;;#2-Check out the {DOOR SWITCH,also ;;I hope that this will help you out; m,Let me know ;;Have a great day and a better tomorrow and GOD BLESS:: F.B.E.
    hontoni Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2010, 04:26 PM

Thanks Eagle!
    I checked a few other sources, called some people I know, and it turned out to be a part called a thermistor. This is a thermostat-like device. I bought one at Sears for about $27.00, replaced it in a few minutes, and viola!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2010, 06:38 PM

hontoni-Thanks for letting me know, same thing ,just a different name,I'm sure glad that you have it going again ;;have a better tomorrow and GOD BKLESS ::F.B.E,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag neptune dryer, MDG6700aww, barely heating. Dryer is only a few months old. [ 6 Answers ]

Maytag neptune, MDG6700aww, is barely even getting luke warm when drying clothes. I have tried changing the temperature and cycle settings and it doesn't make a difference. When I first put the dryer in it worked fine, now in the past month its not even getting "warm". It's a gas dryer.

Kenmore Model 417.94712400 stackable washer/dryer; dryer doesn't heat up. [ 4 Answers ]

Dryer drum rotates, and it responds to the "cycles" dial, but the heating element doesn't heat up. Is there a reset button somewhere, or do I need to replace the heating element, OR? Thank you.

GE dryer drum not turning- felt ring destroyed- dryer just hums when you start it? [ 2 Answers ]

GE Model DHDSR46EG6WW Serial MR701623A

Dining room circuit only works while dryer is running, Dryer doesn't heat up? [ 7 Answers ]

Old house with knob and tube wiring. Dryer has 3wire w/ground. 60 Amp Fuse Box. With the lack of circuits there is a lot of fuses blown. Friend/owner has upped the fuses all to 30 amps and has been warned of the dangers associated. Dining works normally some of te time, but at different periods it...

My electric dryer vent from dryer to wall collects A LOT of water. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer which is vented through the attic to the roof. The vent from the dryer outlet to the wall collects a *HUGE-* amount of water resulting in an excessive amount of drying time (if I'm lucky, they finally dry!). When I emptied the vent & rehooked everything up, I noted that...

View more questions Search