Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

May 26, 2010, 11:42 AM
    Pregnant and ketones in urine ?
    I am almost 20 weeks pregnant and have lost 30 pounds no matter what I do I can't eat a lot well mY ? Is if I eat more and gain the weight back will they go away?? Very worried about my baby what should I do docs tested me for diabetes and it was fine they said its from not eating enough :confused: MY ? IS ABOUT KETONES IN URINE THEY FOUND SOME IN MINE TODAY
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 26, 2010, 12:25 PM

Hi stormey, can you please read over your post and type it again so it makes sense. I think I know what you are getting atand I know you are worried. The doctor tested you for diabetes and you didn't have it, that's good for your pregancy and gets one thing out of the way that could be serious. But, yes you do have to eat well for you and the baby. Please go to edit and type again.

Tick
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 29, 2010, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stormey44 View Post
    i am almost 20 weeks pregnant and have lost 30 pounds no matter what i do i can't eat alot well mY ? is if i eat more and gain the weight back will they go away ??? very worried about my baby what sould i do docs tested me for diabetes and it was fine they said its from not eating enough :confused: MY ? IS ABOUT KETONES IN URINE THEY FOUND SOME IN MINE TODAY
    Have you tried eating several smaller meals/snacks throughout the day? This is a healthier way to eat for most people anyway and particularly good in pregnancy.
    Look for ways to increase your carb intake a bit and be sure you are taking in plenty of fluids as well. Since gestational diabetes does not appear to be an issue, although they will likely check on this again later, your diet likely is the cause and the ketones should hopefully clear.
    You might want to ask your doctor about referring you to a dietician to go over what you are eating and help develop an eating plan for you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 29, 2010, 05:55 PM

Yes, ketones will clear as soon as you start eating proper meals a day to supply yourself and y our fetus with good nutrition. Having ketones in your urine is not a bad thing stormey. And yes, when you gain the weight back your ketone level will improve. It is a normal reaction in people who diet (I know you are not) and don't eat properly.

Tick

May 30, 2010, 05:49 PM

OK thanks everyone I been trying to eat little more but now I have galbladder attaks the other night it was so bad I called a anbulance I thought I was having a heart attack now I can't get rid of heartburn since that night I know its all crazy right now lol but they are taking the baby at 36 weeks if the lungs are mature since I'm having so much trouble only 16 more weeks to deal with it all
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 30, 2010, 06:07 PM

Several things you can try for heartburn: glass of milk, increase magnesium and calcium, don't eat right before bedtime, avoid sodas, prop yourself up at night instead of lying flat, chewing gum may help as well.

For gallbladder issue, which is quite common in pregnancy, try eating more fruits and veggies. Might also want to ask your doctor about something like metamucil for extra fiber. If the attacks are frequent enough, surgery might be the better option.

You may find these issues subside and taking baby early won't be necessary.

May 31, 2010, 06:24 AM

OK thanks I go back next Monday and will talk to them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ppositive Urine/Blood Pregnancy Test But Scan Could Not Dictate Sign Of Pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Mystry, Iam 35years I missed my period for 3 months and both Urine/Blood Pregnancy Test was Positive But Scan Could Not Dictate Sign Of Pregnancy It was after the 3 moths that I bleeded for 2 weeks then serious abdominal pain came up later it latter stop after taking some antibiotics...

Cloudy urine + 11 weeks pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi again, I have another problem. I've been having cloudy urine for sometime now, I try and drink lots of water though. I went to the doctor yesterday and they felt my right ovary and it really hurt. Is this related to the urine being cloudy? What can I do to not have a cloudy urine

My boobs are leaking milk,negative urine and blood tests,and having periods,am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

help me... my right boob started to leak milk,exactly a week later my left boob started to leak milk.. I did 2 home pregnancy tests both negative.. went to docters did a blood test that was negative too.. then I started my period,but a few days before I was just spotting,then it stopped for a...

Can I be pregnant and have negative urine tests? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone, This is my first time using this site. I am in need of answers, so please anyone that would be able to give me an answer is welcome. I am 30 years old, and I already have a 7 year old boy. I have a boyfriend that I have been seeing for a while. We had unprotected sex once. I...

View more questions Search