Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rsavage Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 05:52 AM
    Washing macine drain
    My washing machine outflow hose goes into an open pvc pipe that is attached to my main drain.this pipe can't seem to handle the volume of water even though a snake goes through and a garden hose at full blast is no problem. This is a recent development. Any answers?
    hontoni Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2010, 08:01 AM

Is the washing machine new? Newer machine pump water faster than older. The only legal (by plumbing code) solution is to replace the drain piping with larger piping. Depending on where you live, this could be time-consuming and expensive. If you can find a plumber who will do it, the hose can be "hard piped", but this violates plumbing code.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing macine doesn't clean [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am desperate! My 2 yr old washing machine was trouble maybe from the start maybe soon after. It doesn't get out simple food stains. I use stain removers and presoak and don't fill the machine etc. etc. but nothing works. The repairmen who came down both said that it agitates fine and my...

Washing macine will not spin on rinse cycle but water pumps out. [ 1 Answers ]

The water pumps out of drum but the machine will not spin the clothes dry

Adding washing machine drain to 2" kitchen drain. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 2" drain that goes to 1 1/2" for the kitchen sink and connected dishwasher. I am tool proficient and have some plumbing experience. I want to add a washing machine drain breaking out from the 2" hub. The washing machine is 5' away on the same wall. The drain pipe need not be in...

Vent for Washing Machine Drain Attached to Existing Drain Line [ 0 Answers ]

"Current setup for a washing machine has the discharge hose "hooked" into a laundry tub. Tennants would like something more "permanent." The laundry tub has a normal trap followed by a horizontal run of about 2 feet (2" threaded pipe) then "T's" into a vertical drain/vent. The vent line goes...

View more questions Search