Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariaj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2006, 08:02 PM
    Water spraying behind Faucet knob
    I looked over the illustration you sent me speedball1 thank you very much, I also turned the water off, I should have did this the very first day I notice the leak getting worse and then I took off the face plate down to the replacement cartridge I think that's what it is called but that is all I could get off. There is no water leaking from this area but the spraying sound I can clearly here it in this area. I looked around in the closet with a light and there is a block of wood that 3 set of pipes are going through leading to the plumbing in my bathroom, I can see water dripping from this wood so I assume the leak is in one of these pipe behind the wall but the block of wood is blocking my view, if there was any work done on plumbing before they didn't disturb that block of wood. So what now I thinking now I can't fix this myself so I should call a plumber if so since you are the expert can you give me an Idea how much this is going to cost me, thanks again speedball1 for answering my question.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 8, 2006, 05:36 AM
    The water will have to be drained and the leak repaired. This shouldn't take much over a hour but not knowing labor or service call charges in your area I can't even give you a ballpark figure. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water spraying behind Faucet knob [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is Maria and I have a problem, I have a leak coming from my bathtub into my basement, it started small and for months I would notice small amounts of water here and there, until a couple of days ago its has got really bad, I have 2 buckets that fill up overnight that I have to keep...

Faucet pull out knob and shower head dripping [ 1 Answers ]

I have an EMCO standard tub faucet. There is water draining out of the shower pull out knob and the shower head itself when I am just pouring a bath. Why is this happening and can I get parts to fix this problem? Also, I can’t figure how to remove the pull out knob thing to see if it’s a...

Moen Single knob tub faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Even when the knob is pushed all the way in, I have a slow drip coming from the lower spout (not the shower head). The normal knob operation is as follows: Pull for on, push to shut off, turn left for hot, turn right for cold. I removed the knob, then the circular brass plate, but I can't...

Leaking single knob tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

How do I repair leaking single knob tub/shower faucet(Delta)?

Leaking single knob tub faucet [ 2 Answers ]

How do I repair leaking single knob tub/shower faucet(Delta)?I have only manage to take the back plate and the knob apart that's it. Is there a trick or technique unscrew the housing?

View more questions Search