Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ken d williams Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 18, 2010, 12:29 PM
    Problems with my panasonic t v
    HI , I have a Panasonic plasma t v , modal viera . Last night 17/05/10. A black thick line appeared top to bottom. It was their when sweche on the t v. But went off , only to come back. I have had the t v fore just over a year. Can any one please tell me what the problem maybe. Thank you.
    Ken
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 18, 2010, 12:31 PM

I had this problem twice with my Panasonic - both times a module had to be replaced and it was expensive. The line got thicker and thicker until it was really annoying.

It was something about a burn out which controlled portions of the picture.

May 18, 2010, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I had this problem twice with my Panasonic - both times a module had to be replaced and it was expensive. The line got thicker and thicker until it was really annoying.

It was something about a burn out which controlled portions of the picture.
    Thank you so much , looks like a new t v then, grrrr. This time I will pay fore extended cover.
    Ken D Williams
    Uber Member

May 18, 2010, 12:40 PM

My Panasonic was a nightmare - I had three service calls in the first nine months. I have a 54" Panasonic, never had a problem with it.

Did you check to see if there are recalls or something along those lines on your TV? I did at the time - and, of course, there were not.

May 18, 2010, 12:46 PM

No I did not think of that , Judy KayTee, I will do that right away. I chose the Panasonic as I had read it was a reliable t v. I gues you can not goo by what we read. Thank you again , JudyKayTee.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2010, 01:06 PM

Sure - come back and let me know how you make out.

And I agree - Grrr.

May 18, 2010, 01:12 PM

I could not find any thjing about a recall . Mind I am not so hot on wear to look. I found a sight , I left my experience. With the advice in not going to Comet ( U K ). I have to ask just what T V would you recommend , please , JudyKayTee.
    Ken ( D Williams )
    Uber Member

May 18, 2010, 01:30 PM

Believe it or not - I bought the big screen Panasonic after the problem with the "other" Panasonic. I recently added a third - and it's a Panasonic.

They have a good reputation - but I would buy the warranty!

I think some manufacturers have good models but then another model is not as reliable. It's hard to know.

I like Panasonic. Mine was under warranty so (aside from the inconvenience) the three repairs didn't cost me anything.

Did you look at this site? It ranks TVs (at the very bottom) and this might be helpful. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0.../cr_hdtvs.html

I also found that asking the clerk in the store (particularly if they are NOT on commission) was very helpful.

May 18, 2010, 01:37 PM
    Believe it or not - I bought the big screen Panasonic after the problem with the "other" Panasonic. I recently added a third - and it's a Panasonic.

They have a good reputation - but I would buy the warranty!

I think some manufacturers have good models but then another model is not as reliable. It's hard to know.

I like Panasonic. Mine was under warranty so (aside from the inconvenience) the three repairs didn't cost me anything.
    Thank you again , Judy ( KayTee ) . I guess after getting burned , this time. I am still rather weary , mind , Comet , dos have a reputation of not to be trusted. I will defiantly invest in the warranty. Thank you so much.
    Ken ( D Williams )
    Uber Member

May 18, 2010, 01:50 PM

Good luck! Let us know what you purchase.

May 18, 2010, 01:52 PM
    Sure - come back and let me know how you make out.

And I agree - Grrr.
    I will do that , Judy , and again thank you , Ken

Jun 21, 2010, 01:04 AM

HI , Judy , I trust all is well with you. Just letting you know that I now have Samsung. I am happy with it , better pitcher. Only time will tell how good it is. Smaller than the Panasonic , so far I am happy with it. I would recommend LED over the plasma.
    Take care all the best , and thanks again.
    Ken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panasonic TV problems [ 4 Answers ]

My panasonic TV just cuts off while watching.I unplug it for about 10 minutes and it comes on but then cuts back off.

Problems with panasonic TV [ 2 Answers ]

Last night my panasonic 37 inch plasma turned itself off while we were watching. Now the set will not turn on in standby mode. Normally the standby light is a steady red, but now it blinks seven times followed by a break before continuing to blink. Nedless to say the set will not turn . Any ideas...

Panasonic TV problems [ 8 Answers ]

No sound every thing works but no sound?

Panasonic TV problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic TX26LXD52 flatscreen TV and I cannot get rid of the sign "HDMI" in the left top corner of the screen when watching SKY HD Digital. It even records so. Can you please help? Thanks Gaborjudit

Panasonic TV problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2+ year old Panasonic 50" plasma (CT-20G8, CT-G2133, or CT-G2173). I started hearing ahum a few weeks ago. Now there is no audio, hum still there. I have other TVs hooked to the same incoming cable service. No problem there. I tried a few simple tests and it is TV, not cable issue. Is this...

View more questions Search