Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shell2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2010, 11:01 AM
    How to sign my rights over
    I have been with my man for five years and were recently married he cheated on me and there is a child involved he wants nothing to do with the child pays child support and wishes to sign his rights over what is the procedure to do so?
    Coolhandluke31 Posts: 71, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2010, 11:33 AM

Is the child of the marriage? Does he admit the kid is his? Is his name on the child's birth certificate. What state are you in? All determining factors in the next step for you.

You can petition the Family Court to order support. There is nothing a biological father can do to make a child not his. He may be able to avoid physical contact, but he cannot under the law avoid financial support.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 13, 2010, 12:26 PM

He can't sign his rights over unless someone else is willing to adopt the child. DNA might be ordered but it might be too late to change things.

Even if by some fluke he is able to sign his rights over he will still have to pay support (unless the child is adopted).
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 13, 2010, 12:43 PM

Yeah, well, I do NOT want him to have nothing to do with child support.

If HE is not supporting his kid (that he has because he couldn't keep it in his pants), then *I*, as a taxpayer, end up doing it.

Why should *I* pay for his lack of responsibility?

The time to worry about child support was BEFORE having sex. Now I hope you live in a state where he pays child support until the kid is out of college.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2010, 03:30 PM

You go and get a child support order, he does not have to file for any vists if he does not want them.. You can ask for full legal and physcial custody.

He can of course latter ask for visits but if he does not want anything to do with child, he won't
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 13, 2010, 03:33 PM

Actually, Chuck--I get the impression that he's back with the OP, but the woman he cheated with had his child---but now he's back with his old girlfriend, he's trying to make her happy by ignoring his child by the woman he cheated on her with.
    Coolhandluke31 Posts: 71, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2010, 06:17 AM

And sure at some point 15 years down the road, he will "see the light" and wish that he had done things differently. At this time the child, may or may not want any involvement from a father he/she never knew.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What rights does a parent give when they sign over parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 16 my mom signed over her parental rights, I am now 23 and have a kid. What rights to her grand kid does she have?

Sign Rights over [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm in Houston and I want to sign my rights over. The other party agrees as well. How can this be done? Her new husband wants to adopt. How can you go about doing it yourself or getting a cheap attorney. I need help and some answers. I want to get this over with fast! Someone please help me!!

He wants to sign over his rights [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old son who knows my fiancé as daddy and has for a year. His biological father has never wanted anything to do with him, wasn't there for the birth or birthdays, and has decided to not pay child support anymore, the only way he can do that is to sign over his rights. He gave me his...

How do I sign my rights away? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a three year old daughter that lives in Kentucky with her mother, and I currently am married to another woman whom I have two children with and we reside in Florida. I am not allowed to see my child in Kentucky because her mother won't let me. I would like to give up my rights to her, what...

Getting Him To Sign His Rights Over [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how I go about getting my ex to sign his rights over and whether I can have him forced to sign them. My ex husband is a danger to my children and I have had to have two protection orders filed against him and five warrants for harassment and I just filed another for...

View more questions Search