Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chryste7 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 06:18 PM
    Wilting eggplant leaves
    Two weeks ago I planted 'Black Beauty' and 'Cloud Nine' eggplants from store bought seedlings. They look perfectly healthy at dawn and dusk but when the sun comes around, the leaves wilt. My tomatoes, zuchinni squash and cucumbers aren't affected. Am I over/under watering the eggplants? Or using too much Miracle Grow liquid fertilizer. The soil conditions and type soil is the same for all my vegetables. They are all planted in homemade vegetable boxes with vegetable potting soil. Last year, using the same soil, I did not have this wilting problem and had a bumper crop much to my amazement.
    Can someone enlighten me. Thanks, Jimbo
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 10, 2010, 09:43 PM
    Hi, chryste7!

At what time of day are you watering and how frequently are you watering them? Also, where around them are you watering, please?

Thanks!
    chryste7 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 06:48 AM
    I am watering once a day in the morning before the sun comes in contact with the eggplant plants. Today is a cloudy day and there is no sign of wilting leaves. They look perfectly healthy.
    Thanks for responding

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White leaves on Zucchini [ 2 Answers ]

My zucchini plant has mature leaves that are turning white along the center and spreading out toward the edges but the edges of the leaves are still green. Can someone tell me what this is and what I should do about it?

Seedling wilting under sunlight [ 2 Answers ]

I've always put my carnation seedling under the sun. Recently it's becoming hot. One of the seedlings are wilting. The leaves get extremely soft. I really want it to live. When I take it out of the sun, it usually returns to normal but it needs sun. The soil is moist. What do I do and how can I...

Can't see the flowers for the leaves, [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried growing Nasturtiums in every garden I've had, I follow the advice... plant in poor soil, don't feed them etc, and although the plants are healthy I always have loads of green leaves, and plenty of flowers... but you can't see them for the huge leaves. Please can someone tell me where I'm...

Is it necessary to rake leaves [ 2 Answers ]

Is it necessary to rake leaves

Roommate just leaves [ 5 Answers ]

Can a roommate who never signed the lease just leave? He told us two days before that he was moving out. One night he just brings a friend over and they start taking his stuff out. He didn't tell us he was moving out that night. Only two days notice. Is that legal? What are our rights?

View more questions Search