Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blahgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 12:15 AM
    Why do I cry for no reason
    Recently I've been crying a lot but for no reason. For the past few weeks its been happening on a daily basis. I'm so confused about why this is happening because I could have a great day but as soon as I'm home and alone with no distractions I get this horrible anxious feeling in my stomach which makes me want to burst into tears. I also think I'm not getting as much sleep at night because of it. I'm only 16 so I know that this could just be my hormones going crazy but I generally feel that this is making me feel down quite a lot and that at my age I should be having fun not worrying about things like this. If anyone has anything to say, I would appreciate it. Thanks
    brookeleigh Posts: 119, Reputation: 4

May 10, 2010, 12:33 AM

Sounds to me like you are not satisfied with something going on in your life. Try to engage in activities with friends and family. They are always there for you. If you are still having problems I would seek help with a church counselor. I have had this problem in high school as well and that helped out a lot.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2010, 05:15 AM
    Setting Personal Boundaries - protecting self

This site is one which I suggest to others who are in similar situations as you are.

When you are doing things,you are OK, not 100% maybe,but functional,once you are alone,things become more intimate, you FEEL feelings which make you cry.

The site I have added is just a way to look at things in a different way,to focus on a new path, and grow personally.

I am not trying to skirt the issue that you are upset over something, perhaps something that you can't quite focus on,or perhaps you are reluctant to look closely at.. I don't know.I do know that starting to express your feelings,either online(say on here) or in a personal setting(councilor,clergy,etc) would begin the opening up of these feelings, to expose them to the light instead of keeping them in the dark(unresolved feelings and inadequacies,even perceived ones,are direct links to depression)

I hope you read that site and ask further questions here... :)
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2010, 02:15 AM

Just to add to KBC's post,try some relaxation techniques,lie down,take control of your breathing,slow easy breaths and let your mind wander.

At 16 there is so much going on in your life,learn early how to deal with stress and it will serve you well.

Try exercise,walking,go for a swim,your body will find its own balance.

Everyone's gets down and sometimes just cries,for no apparent reason,try to reduce your stress levels.
    belwet Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2010, 03:16 AM

I think you must have tension and you can not say it to others. Do not worry no need to cry just tell the problem to your friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I cry so much for no apparent reason? [ 49 Answers ]

I don't understand this. I seem to cry a lot latley for no reason. Its like I'm having a great day/night out when all of a sudden something dawns upon me that I must start crying.:confused: Im not sure if its just 'not my time' or I'm going through.. depression.. I sure hope not, but I'm going...

I Cry [ 23 Answers ]

Is it normal to cry after having a orgasm? It doesn't happen all of the time but happens. I was abused when I was little. I am not thinking anything but how good things feel. My husband will stop and am not sure if that is the best thing. Sometimes he holds me and others he just get up and...

Cannot cry. [ 5 Answers ]

I lost my mum 12 years ago to leuchemia. It was very sudden and we kind of shut the door and never talked about it within the family after it happened( I wrote about this before). I have since then come to terms with it( or at least realised it) with the help of a friend when I was 17. I don't...

Why do I still cry? [ 9 Answers ]

I had a very bad car accident on December 1st 2007. Me and three of my best friends were involved. It was a bad accident and I almost nearly lost my sight. My bestest friend broke her pelvis bone in 3 places and can't have kids anymore. My other friend got the tip of her finger cut off and a board...

Last cry for help [ 6 Answers ]

I'm having a hard time right now being at home. I'm about to give up on people for support, but a friend told me I should look into forums and stuff first. So here's my situation. I'm 15, I currently live at home, but I can't stand it! I was "hospitalized" for a while for cutting and suicidiation....

View more questions Search