Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kbuchholtz Posts: 110, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2010, 05:58 AM
    How to clean and paint exterior stucco
    Hello. The front of my stucco home needs painting. It's in pretty good shape. Some very small hairline cracks, but nothing that needs repair. How do I go about cleaning and then painting the home?

I've read about a product - elastomeric - that helps seal the hairline cracks. Anyone used this, or have recommendations on paint brands to use? How do I clean the house without damaging the stucco?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 01:06 PM

To clean use power washer with medium nozzle. U can get cleaning agent in any big box store. Follow directions.

Have never used paint u listed. But any good quality stucco paint should work fine. Maybe someone else has used it.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior stucco [ 2 Answers ]

Apply stucco on the bottom of a bay window what needs to been done so mud doesn't fall off ?

How to quote an exterior stucco paint job? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a handyman business in Venice, Florida and have been asked to give an estimate to paint a stucco first story of a two story home. The second story has vinyl siding. I measured it and came up with about 1970 sq. ft. of surface to be painted. I would like to know what is a fair price to...

Exterior stucco wall [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a new house and our 1 yr home owner warranty will be up by end of May, 09. I notice the metal trim/lath at the bottom of our stucco pillars (yes, all of them) at our outside porch expose to the air. The stucco that was used to cover the metal trim/lath disappear. When I asked the builder...

View more questions Search