Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    turbodigger Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Dec 5, 2006, 06:36 PM
    Problems with woodstove
    We have a woodstove in our house and tonight it backed up. The air was coming down the chimeney and forcing the smoke to come into the house. We could not get the smoke to turn around, we tried heating the chimeney pipe and pointing a fan in the door of the stove but nothing worked. Does anybody know how to fix this or anything we can try, thanks you
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Dec 5, 2006, 10:11 PM
    It sounds as if you have done what you can, but I will give some sugestions. You build a small fire to heat flue. The chimney should be a vacum. If the house is warm and chimney is cold with a little down draft outside your situation can occur. I bet by the time you get this it has remedied itself.

I would guess you checked well for blockages in the pipe run? and at the cap. If is a traditional masonry chimney the heating up to create vacum can take longer and more patience.
    turbodigger Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2006, 10:59 PM
    What we had to do was cut the pipe out and replace it with a new one that could be opened so that we could clean it out, it turned out that there was a pile of sut built up in the base of the chimeney. Thanks for the help
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Dec 14, 2006, 09:51 AM
    WOW. Good comination for a flue fire.
    Thanks for the response,
    Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat problems or furnace problems [ 22 Answers ]

Is it possible that a thermostat operates correct all the time except when it reaches the temperature that is set doesn't maintain that temperature?:D I noticed that actually that thermostat gives a signal to the furnace but furnace doesn't turn on but that happens only when thermostat needs to...

Problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have a problem with my relationship my wife spend 12 hours a day in our rec room with my best friend and does a lot of drinking. I don't think that they are having a affair but it sure does put stress on the relationship. Some nights they will stay up till 8:00am well after I have went to bed. ...

CD RW Problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have an Advent 7003 Laptop and can't get the CD RW Writer to write. It was quite expensive (£1,500) and is only a year and a half old! I have had problems getting it to write to CD's from the beginning. I have been told by friends that I need to buy a specific kind of Blank CD, so I've...

View more questions Search