Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    romara Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2010, 09:03 AM
    Should I ask him out?
    So there is this guy I think is cute that works at the printer counter at my university’s computer lab. I see him there every morning I’m there and we keep smiling at each other all the time, but I don’t know anything about him… this is the last week of the semester (finals week) and I’m wondering if I should ask him out or something.

I’ve not done that before so how would I even go on about it?
    Should I asking if he has plans this weekend?
    Ask if he wants to grab a coffee or something else to drink? After his shift? Or the next day?

Should I even go for it? There is the summer coming in which I won’t even be near school…
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 3, 2010, 09:37 AM

You just got out of this sticky stituation: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...me-455227.html

You don't need to rush to find another guy to fill the void left by this previous guy. Enjoy life.

If you really wanted to get to know him, then be direct. Ask if he's free on the weekend and exchange contact information. But if you create the expectation that he has the potential to become your new boyfriend, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Be sure that you're reason of hanging out with him is to meet and get to know a new person and not to find a rebound.

May 3, 2010, 09:43 AM

Well the previous sittuation was over a while ago I just never posted an update :P
    ... say spring break, okay not that long then...

As for this guy I think I just want to know more about him...
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 3, 2010, 09:47 AM

Then go for it. See if he's free this coming weekend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 3, 2010, 10:17 AM

You can learn a lot about a person by just interacting, and talking to them. I would go that route, before I even invited them for coffee. What's the hurry? I say this because you see him to often, to get carried away by your interests.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2010, 05:43 PM

Why not try to start up a small conversation about what he's up to over the break , then take it form there. I'm sure if he's interested he'll be more than happy to talk to you.

As they say "Nothing ventured , nothing gained"

Good Luck !
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

May 3, 2010, 05:54 PM

I say go for it! I have always been the initiator. It has worked fine for me. You can go up to him and start a conversation. Try to read him, if you can. Then if you guys seem to laugh and smile with each other, then sure, why not.

Just try not to come off too strong. Do it in a calm manner.

May 9, 2010, 09:36 PM
    Thanks to all for your advise. I got to talk to him a few times before leaving for summer and I'll just have to wait and see if I find him again in the fall :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search