Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeBlin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2010, 12:48 PM
    I am pretty confused about a guy friend whom I like
    OK, so I'll start by saying I am a 15 year old girl, and I currently have no idea what I'm looking for, only that I am not ready to be intimate with a boy.

So, there's this boy who I've been friends with for a couple of months. We started talking on Facebook Chat about 2 weeks ago, and he asked for my number, so I gave it to him that day. We talked for an hour or two and then texted each other until 12. I mentioned that my boyfriend had said something, and he immediately replied with "does bf mean boyfriend or best friend?" I thought nothing of it, and yeah.

We have a class together along with a mutual friend who used to like him, and we talk. I recently noticed that whenever he's talking to her and me, he always maintains eye contact with me and plays with his hair, which he doesn't do with her.

Also, sometimes, during our conversations on chat or texting or whatever, he will tell me these vague, ambiguous statements and I am left wondering does he like me or not? Such as : "you would fit well with an opposite of yourself such as myself, or I would fit well with an opposite of me, such as yourself." Also, he has texted me snippets of lyrics about love. Subsequently, I am left very, very confused.

This boy is intellectual and cute, which is the type of guy I usually like, but he's not good with expressing emotions. However, we have a couple of mutual friends and I have talked to them, and they have assured me that he doesn't flirt with girls he's not interested in, and he doesn't lead them on for kicks. On the other hand, they have warned me against directly confronting him about liking me.

In the past couple of days or so, we've gotten into some minor arguments based on the fact that I think he has the emotional capacity of a brick wall, and in the past couple of days, he hasn't suggested anything remotely past what friends would suggest.

As of this moment, I think I like him, and I think he likes me, but I am not certain of either. Personally, I think if he shows interest in me, he will continue to text me for no reason or make time to talk to me, or ask me to hang out, so I should not initiate it. On the other hand, I'm not too patient, but I suppose I will have to be.

Right now, I just think I'll go with it and whatever happens, happens. I shouldn't press anything or confront him, even passive-aggressively unless I get some more fairly concrete hints that he likes me.

I am not afraid of rejection, but I don't want to screw something up before it even starts.

Could anyone suggest any good advice, please? I am very, very confused. Any and all help will be appreciated!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 09:10 PM

My dear, something has already started, whether you know it, or not. I think he has his fears of screwing up too. I think small gestures such as finding out his favorite subjects, or an innocent touch of his arm will send him signals that you are receptive for... what are you trying to accomplish? An official title or something? Yeah, that's it. Put him at ease and let him know your at ease with him also. That may give him the courage he needs. You don't have to be intimate, to talk more intimately. (personally)
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 3, 2010, 02:16 AM
    You are both in the process of learning how to interact with a person you are interested in. Not an easy process for most people. For instance , what you called ambiguous statements by him, sound to me like he is trying to say you two would make a good match. For a shy person or one who does not know how to convey emotion , this could be an emotional outpouring.
    You say you are not too patient. But it is something we all need to learn and this could be a good time to work on it. I think the "more concrete hints he likes you" will be showing up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friend Likes Guy. Guy hates friend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, My best friend likes this guy right? All Well and Good? NO!! The Guy She Likes, thinks she's annoying and weird. The guy is like one of my closest friends, I could talk to him about it but my friend doesn't want me 2. She didn't want me to write this but I am because she needs advice! Any...

I dated a guy for 5 months after he pursued me pretty aggressively. [ 6 Answers ]

From Patricia: I dated a guy for 5 months after he pursued me pretty aggressively. At first, things were great. We laughed all the time. We loved being together. He spoke often about the future--not in serious terms but about trips we should take or meeting each other's friends, things like that. I...

I've been dating a really nice guy, and am pretty sure I'm pregnant. [ 40 Answers ]

I’ve been dating a really nice guy for the last two months and am pretty sure I’m pregnant, but have no idea how to tell him. Here’s a little bit of history. Five years ago, his wife left him and moved in with another guy. They were separated and we started hanging out together. It wasn’t a...

Confused feelings about a guy friend [ 9 Answers ]

I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question. I'm probably just overthinking things, but I figured I'd mention it on here anyway to see what comes up. I met this guy about a month ago over a dating website. We're both the same age and lived by each other so he contacted me and we decided to...

So confused.loosing a friend to a Guy [ 9 Answers ]

About a few weeks ago my ex and I broke up... so to get my ming of it I decided to go out with my friend and her new guy... his name is jeffrey... We went to this club and I met some of jeffreys friends... ely, jeffreys friend ask for my number but I ask him for his instead... After a while...

View more questions Search