Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colie298 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 10:50 AM
    Should I wait for him?
    OK. I've been with my boyfriend for a little over 4 years now. And our relationship remains at that just boyfriend/ girlfriend. Two years ago he asked permission to take my hand in marriage and him proposing was supposed to be a surprise. He doesn't know that I know but it still hasent happened. I really love him but I don't want to sit around and wait. So what I'm asking is should I wait for him or should I move on?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 20, 2010, 11:08 AM

Ask him directly. No need to play mind games, especially after 4 years. You should feel comfortable enough to ask him where he stands AND get a straight answer out of him.

If you don't feel comfortable asking, then you have way more problems than a simple proposal.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    Ask him directly. No need to play mind games, especially after 4 years. You should feel comfortable enough to ask him where he stands AND get a straight answer out of him.

If you don't feel comfortable asking, then you have way more problems than a simple proposal.

Four years is enough time to feel comfortable enough to ask.:)

If you love him would you be happy moving on?
    colie298 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Four years is enough time to feel comfortable enough to ask.:)

If you love him would you be happy moving on?
    I would not be happy it would take time. I've asked him when am I getting my surprise numerous times and he kept saying I don't know or he would just ignore the question. I just don't know if I should wait for him or break it off and attempt to move on when I'm ready
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by colie298 View Post
    i would not be happy it would take time. ive asked him when am i getting my suprise numerous times and he kept saying i dont know or he would just ignore the question. i just dont know if i should wait for him or break it off and attempt to move on when im ready
    Please look at the advice... Good Luck Sweetie... Hugs and Blessings:)
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2010, 06:07 AM

You really need to quit beating around the bush asking him about the "surprise" and simply ask him where the relationship stands, is heading, and when the engagement/marriage is going to happen.

After being with him for 4 years, if he can't give you a clear response, then I'd say you should move on and find someone who's on the same page as you.
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Devorameira View Post
    You really need to quit beating around the bush asking him about the "surprise" and simply ask him where the relationship stands, is heading, and when the engagement/marriage is going to happen.

After being with him for 4 years, if he can't give you a clear response, then I'd say you should move on and find someone who's on the same page as you.

Ask him... Say " Okay is marriage in the near future or not". If it is I want to know now! If it's not I'm finished. I 'm moving on and don't expect me to wait till you're ready. I've waited four years and that's enough". You have to mean it when you say it. Good Luck!:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom won't let me date. I need to wait until college? Should I ask HIM to wait? [ 3 Answers ]

Sooo. My mom won't let me date. Period. Its for religious perposes but I don't feel the same way she does. I always find a guy I like and then she ruins it. I had a pretty serious relationship last year. We hid it from my mom for over a year but complications with distance and my mom ultimately...

I'm willing to wait [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so Instead of an answer I have a similar situation. Yes there is an ENORMOUS developmental difference between myself (25) and the girl I am currently interested in (16), but! I am aware of this difference and questioning having some sort of long distance relationship until she is 18 and we can...

Should We Wait? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married less than a week. We have lived together for almost 7 months, and we both want children. We plan on moving to Houston in March, both going to school and both working. I know that it would be difficult to have a child, pay for it and take care of it if we are both...

To wait or not to wait, *confused* [ 15 Answers ]

Greetings. I hope to get some feedback and advice on the following situation. I met this girl through my room mate's brother over the summer. This girl was his rebound after he's GF left him. As the summer progressed, my room mate's brother got back with his ex after she wanting him back. ...

View more questions Search