Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    electromechanic Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 04:59 PM
    Goodman Condensation pan
    I have a Goodman model#capf3030b6ba. Last week turned on the A/C unit and condensation was pooling around the unit. Condensation hose was clear. Removed A-coil cover and was surprise to see a gaping hole in the condensation pan. The pan, I assume made of plastic, had melted. Any ideas as to why? The furnace is gas 96%.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2010, 05:25 PM

It melted? Nice, well clogged filter, cracked heat exchanger, gas pressure way to high. Was you unit going off on limit?? Fan seam to run more and blower cooler air this winter?

Apr 19, 2010, 07:45 PM

Home remodel, clogged would not describe the filter. When I first turned on the furnace, located in the basement, I was on the main floor cleaning and heard, what I would describe as smaller than a 747, but larger than a 737. I went to check the furnace and found what looked like a 16x20 sheet of drywall. I've since changed the filter once a week. So... how much more over budget to replace the pan?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2010, 05:32 AM

A drain pan will run between $140 and $295.
    dobiefloyd Posts: 67, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2010, 11:06 AM

Is this a new furnace instatll?

Apr 22, 2010, 07:03 PM

This furnace is going on three years.
    poofie12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2011, 10:12 AM
    I have a Goodman model#capf3030b6ba as well. I am trying to get an estimate of how much it costs for tax purposes. My contractor paid the subcontractor for the unit and the installation but I never received a receipt or much info about the unit. How much do these units cost?
    poofie12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2011, 10:13 AM
    I have a Goodman model#capf3030b6ba as well. I am trying to get an estimate of how much it costs for tax purposes. My contractor paid the subcontractor for the unit and the installation but I never received a receipt or much info about the unit. How much do these units cost?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a Goodman a/c. I need an evap drain pan. All I see for the model is AP49 [ 1 Answers ]

Goodman a/c installed in the attic horizontally, and I need a new drain pan for the evap. All I can make of the model is AP49 since it is worn off mostly. I bought this house brand new in 2002.

Wall hung pan vs. Floor mounted pan [ 1 Answers ]

Please inform which is better to install in a bathroom/toilet , a wall hung pan or floor mounted pan?

Overflowing condensation pan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old kenmore side by side fridge. This year the condensation pan in the bottom Keeps over flowing... weekly. Its never happened before. Anyone that can give me some reasons would be very helpful. Besides that, the fridge. Freezer and ice maker works great, with no leaks in the water...

Central A/C in condo not "dripping" condensation outside + pan fills up inside [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings, Our second floor condo central a/c unit is not dripping the condensing outside. The water sits in the pan (inside) and does not drip out. We end up going downstairs and using a shop vac to suck out the sitting water. We also tried using those algae tablets and liquid, but none...

View more questions Search