Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    estranged_01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 10:58 AM
    Why are guys so damn confusing?
    A co-worker of mine and I have been recently spending a great deal of time together. We usually make plans with each other one all of our days off together etc. When we're together it's an absolute blast. We talk about anything and everything from work to personal things that we confide in each other. He's told me that he enjoys spending time with me because there is no drama and it's just a lot of fun. He also said he's spent more time with me lately than his group of friends that he grew up with. When we go out he tends to want to pay for dinner etc. Although this all seems wonderful a few weeks back at work we were both joking around about how everyone thinks we make such a cute couple and I jokingly told him well we should go out then and he said no. I'm extremely confused because he calls me and makes plans with me all the time and we're even planning a trip to Thailand for next year for just the two of us yet he has never asked me out or anything like that. We have never even hugged etc yet he's always touching me at work when we talk i.e.. Arms, hands, back. When I first started hanging out with him I had a boyfriend of five years but we've since then separated and I'm now single. Can someone please explain this to me because I'm at a total loss.
    jhardegr Posts: 25, Reputation: 5

Dec 4, 2006, 11:36 AM
    Well, there's always the possibility that he's gay. Maybe he just wants to be friends because he isn't sexually attracted to women. Or, maybe he's afraid of "ruining the friendship."

Personally, I am a guy, and not gay, and I can assure you that we come in all shapes, sizes, and flavors. I'm also a "take the bull by the horns" kind of guy, so if I were in your situation I would just ask him the same question you asked us.

--John
    mnaznguy Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Dec 5, 2006, 01:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by estranged_01
    A co-worker of mine and I have been recently spending a great deal of time together. We usually make plans with each other one all of our days off together etc. When we're together it's an absolute blast. We talk about anything and everything from work to personal things that we confide in each other. He's told me that he enjoys spending time with me becasue there is no drama and it's just a lot of fun. He also said he's spent more time with me lately than his group of friends that he grew up with. When we go out he tends to want to pay for dinner etc. Although this all seems wonderful a few weeks back at work we were both joking around about how everyone thinks we make such a cute couple and I jokingly told him well we should go out then and he said no. I'm extremely confused because he calls me and makes plans with me all the time and we're even planning a trip to Thailand for next year for just the two of us yet he has never asked me out or anything like that. We have never even hugged etc yet he's always touching me at work when we talk ie. arms, hands, back. When I first started hanging out with him I had a boyfriend of five years but we've since then separated and I'm now single. Can someone please explain this to me because I'm at a total loss.
    I agree with the other guy. Just ask him straight up. What's the harm. I think you might be wanting something more from it. Then again he might be the type of guy who wants you to really go for him. But just ask him and if he says he is not interested, drop it and let him just be your friend.
    sjethro00 Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Dec 5, 2006, 11:46 PM
    Complete advice from the previous posters; tell him you love the time you spend together, but you want to be on the same page as him in regards to what to call the thing you have.
    inChrist Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 02:44 PM
    Answer? Because you are a woman.
    oblit Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 07:28 PM
    The concept of the word "dating" completely changes things. He might have been sarcastic when he said no, he might have not wanted to admit it to himself. But, from the sounds of things, he is attracted to you. So, confront him on it.
    confusedgirl Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Jan 20, 2007, 08:53 PM
    He clearly has feelings for you... whether they are intimate feelings or just casual he cares about you. I think you should keep doing what you are doing. Maybe you like him for the same reasons he likes you. You have a fun time together and enjoy each other's presence... but you should evaluate what you want to do. Do you want to date him? Or simply have fun with him like you are doing now. Try not to think about what is going to happen between you two and just let it happen. If you are meant to be together then it will happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Marijuana Test! [ 66 Answers ]

Ok my mother is forcing me to go for a medicals check up cause I haven't had one in like years and for some reason she thinks I could have diebeties cause she sees me eating too many sweets (rolls eyes) I know its rediculose but now I'm freaking out cause I just realized there going to check my...

Damn You Crabgrass! [ 7 Answers ]

How can I get rid of this grass once its started growing?

God Damn! [ 1 Answers ]

Help my comp won't allow me to start up in safe mode... someone tell me why please and how to fix it!!

Damn , looks like am looking for a job ! [ 3 Answers ]

Damn't Am broke again ,hhhhmmmm , well guyz am looking for any kind of Job , I mean am too broke right now that am accepting any kind of job per now, now matter how much or what kind of work it maybe , I mean am tooo too broke now ,damn :mad:...

View more questions Search