Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grandma1950 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2010, 08:27 PM
    How to stop a ceiling fan that will not stop
    We have a fan that will not stop when we try to pull the chain, the fan just keeps on running and we replaced the fan switch,did not fix the problem. Fan is not connect to any other outlet.
    grandma1950 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2010, 08:29 PM

Fan will not stop running. We replaced the fan switch,did not fix the problem. Fan is not connected to any other wall switch. Only pull chain on fan switch.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 01:33 PM

What make/model is the fan?

Ceiling fan pullchain replacement and repair - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan is making a ticking sound. How do we stop this? [ 5 Answers ]

Hampton Bay ceiling fan is making a ticking sound. Does anyone know what causes this? Slh

Ceiling Fan w/power off won't stop running! [ 7 Answers ]

After installing my Hampton Bay Fan, everything was normal. Several weeks later, the fan began to intermittently run backwards at 6 RPM (very slow) when both the fan motor switch and the light switch, (both are wall switches) ARE TURNED OFF!! It then stopped this behavior. Now, several months...

Elmark ceiling fan stop on low speed mode [ 2 Answers ]

Hi,why does my elmark ceiling fan(basic 48' 3 blade type)stop on low speed 1 & 2.It works well on high spped 3 & 4.kindly advise, thks:)

PVC Pipe Leakage, furnace Fan Does Not Stop, Blower Fan Works for 5 MIN and stops [ 1 Answers ]

1) I had water DRAINING from the furnace in the attic... it overflowed... the pan under furnace was beyond full. 2) I noticed leakage from one of the PVC pipes. 3) I simply replace the PVC pipe where water was leaking, but I forgot to put the PVC CEMENT. 4) I went to turn of the AC...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Stop working [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan that just recently stopped working. It has a remote and pull chains but neither are able to operate the fan. I have read on this site that it may be the transmitter or receiver. Also one response said I could configure the fan for just pull chain operation. ...

View more questions Search