Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaye005 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 09:00 AM
    Creditor Rights in Bankruptcy Court
    We have a judgment against renters who are now filing Chpt 7 and I heard if they did malicious damage to our property we should still be able to collect that money. They got into a fight and he broke an exterior door and they never fixed it. Therefore there ended up being water damage on the carpet and it had to be replaced along with the door. Would this be considered malicious action to our property?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 4, 2006, 09:59 AM
    Well that answers the question I asked in your post about mortgages. Breaking the exterior door would probably be considered malicious damage. The water damage would then be a result of the other damage and might be lumped in.

I think you need an attorney to represent your interests here.

I will say this doesn't sound like the damage you described in your other note.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Creditor contact after bankruptcy! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My chapter 7 bankruptcy was discharged on 8/8/06. I just received a letter from a collections agency creditor trying to get $300 from an old cash advance which I guess was from 3/01/05. I believe that cash advances are included in the discharge if below $750 and if they were not...

If a person gave up their parental rights, can they take you to court for visitation? [ 7 Answers ]

We adopted a child about 3 years ago and she was almost 5 yrs old. But the father who gave up his rights and let us adopt her is demanding visitation and said he is going to take us to court and try to get visitation. We use to allow him to see her but he isn't psychologically stable and it's not...

What are my rights as a creditor [ 1 Answers ]

My husband went bankrupt after our divorce. I had an order for him owing me 35k, he hadn't paid for over a year, then he went bankrupt. We had not worked out a payment plan or anything, I don't think he should have been able to go bankrupt, can I fight this 2 years later? Also, he has a trustee...

View more questions Search