Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chryste7 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2010, 05:28 AM
    CUCUMBER seedlings... to separate or not?
    I recently purchased cucumber seedlings in a peat pot and planted them in my vegetable garden according to the instructions shown. Each of the 2 pots contains between 15-20 seedlings. Do I remove all but 1 seedling or leave just a few or plant all of them when I place the pot in the ground? Or, do I wait until they grow larger and then remove the extras? Have never planted cukes before. Please enlighten me.

Thanks for your help, Jimbo ( just a novice )
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 17, 2010, 05:36 AM

I don't know where you are located but it can't be in the northeast United States or anywhere in eastern Canada. Our planting season hasn't started yet and won't until mid May.

As for cucumbers, the way you have bought them, have to be thinned out when you plant them. They don't like overcrowding and should be planted around a mound. Pick out the plants that aren't doing well.

Here is a website to train you in cucumber propagation:

Usagardener.com/how... grow... /how_to_grow_cucumber.php

If you can't open the link, you will have to cut and paste; a lot of information on Google about growing cucumbers.

Tick
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2010, 06:45 AM

Split them up into twos, or threes.
    They should do just fine.

I am a gardener myself, and we love cucumbers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire 3 separate lights to 3 separate switches in series circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I am running wire from the circuit panel to the ceiling in the kitchen, then to a switch, back to the kitchen ceiling light. I am using the same circuit to the same thing for the dining room light with a switch, and a light on my deck also with its own switch. The switch in the dining room and the...

Thinning seedlings [ 1 Answers ]

When thinning out seedlings what is the success rate of replanting these extra ones or should they be discarded & put onto the compost heap?

Locust Seedlings [ 1 Answers ]

I had 5 trees removed 2 years ago and can not get rid of sprouting seedlings, Any help ?

Cucumber plants [ 1 Answers ]

I planted cucumber plants a week ago and now the leaves are turning white. Is this normal?

Just cucumber for detanning? [ 0 Answers ]

Lemon seems a bit itchy and sometimes it gets in my eyes. Will just cucumber still detan or detan almost as much? And, since you don't have to wash it off if its just cucumber, will it continue detanning, even when it dries on your face? Ty!

View more questions Search