Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jon123 Posts: 240, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2010, 07:57 PM
    approximate tile labor cost per sq ft
    What is an average labor rate per sq ft. using italian porcilian tile for a 4x4 square shower over kerdi system the ceiling and curb is 6x6 tile the alcove from bottom half way up is 12x12 straight followed by accented border tiles followed by a trim rim followed by 6x6 diagnol followed by another border and finally straight 6x6 to meet ceiling.. it took me additional time to cement inside porcilian corner shelves with intricate cuts I did on the wetsaw.. I had to wait overnight between setting these.. all said and done, my supplier said I should charge at least 15 dollars a sq ft. for this (busy showcase tile job) It took me six days between dry time from ceiling to 2x2 mosaic on the floor pan and 28sqft ft. of floor tile rest of bathroom including grout work. I think never worked so hard for 250 cash a day. If I were to have known about 15 dollars a sq.ft. for this intricate tile project that I expectly performed, I would have made about a thousand more at least. 15.00 x 160 sq.ft of tiling labor = $2400.00 I charged this customer 1500.00 for six full days with my tools and I also p/u and delivered a lot of the materials.. Is the going rate higher or lower for expensive porcelian tiling? Thanks in advance,jon
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2010, 01:19 AM

The cost of installing tile is relative to area where u live and what the traffic will bear.

Figure how much u want to make a day and how many days u think it will take. Multiply these numbers together and u have it.

Chuck
    jon123 Posts: 240, Reputation: 3

Apr 16, 2010, 05:47 PM

Crea, that I did but it was also backand forth two flights of stairs for intricate cuts on my wetsaw I had set up in the garage.. and my walls were all centered so my patterns and layouts were true yet, it was still a lot of up and down for percission cuts. I honestly believe expensive porcelian tile work as detailed as this is worth at least 15 dollars a sq.ft. installed including the grout. But I understand what you are saying and that is how I priced it, just take an honest nominal day rate if not sure the going rate by the sq.ft. It worked out good for customer and me. Ty for sharing , jon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Approximate cost to add 2nd floor [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I know this is a very vague question, but you wouldn't know how much to add a 2nd story to an 1800 square foot ranch would be? We bought a small ranch with the hopes of doing an extension or something like that. From what I hear it pays to build up rather than out. But we really need to add...

Approximate cost for building a 2 -storied house in kolkata [ 2 Answers ]

We have a plot in kolkata, what could be the approximate cost for building a 2 storied house.. Moreover, how much time will it take to get approval for the plan and construction?

How do you find the direct labor cost and manufacturing overhead cost? [ 2 Answers ]

Requirement 4: If the company treats that part of fringe benefits relating to direct labor as added direct labor cost, how much of Mark's wages and fringe benefits for the week will be allocated to direct labor cost and manufacturing overhead cost? (Omit the "$" sign in your response.) ...

Approximate cost of engine swap [ 1 Answers ]

What is a reasonable price to pay a professional shop to do an engine swap? Labor only, parts are already bought. The vehicle is a 2001 Olds Aurora.

Approximate yield to maturity and cost of debt [ 2 Answers ]

Airborne Airlines, Inc. has a $1,000 par value bond outstanding with 25 years to maturity. The bond carries an annual interest payment of $78 and is currently selling for $875. Airborne is in the 30% tax bracket. The firm wishes to know what the aftertax cost of a new bond issue is likely to be....

View more questions Search