Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joa4frm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 09:51 PM
    court very soon
    hi I am soon going to court for my divorce and custody for my 9 year old daughter, who wants to live with me,me and my soon to be x husband will be separated 10 mo in a few days yes I left the home and went to my moms down the road which I thought was only for a night to get some rest but of course husband would not let me come back so he goes and files for a divorce so that's why he still has our daughter he refused for a long time of me seeing her till I got visittation rights,first time I went to court they gave me even more time with her I now see her every week end 1 full, then from Friday to Saturday, then I have her after school tuesdays and take her to school on wed. the 7th we go to mediation because he refuses to talk about any plans about her .I have my own place now work ,he's only trying to keep her from me out of anger and jealousy of me might meet someone else I don't use drugs never had I live in Tennessee I don't know a lot about the laws for tn. But how good of a chance does he have of getting her:(
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2006, 05:58 AM
    Hello joa:

He might win primary custody, but you'll get very liberal visitation. The courts won't keep a mother from her child unless they have reasons. You haven't given any.

excon
    KISSROMEO2 Posts: 33, Reputation: 0

Dec 4, 2006, 06:36 AM
    I don't know about the custody actions, but please be careful. He's obviously not thinking about the best care of your daughter. You can't forget that the child is going to be hurt by this too, so don't forget that. It's not just you and him. She isn't a pawn.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 4, 2006, 06:48 AM
    You really need an attorney to represent you in court. Without one, he stands a better chance of prevailing.
    joa4frm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    You really need an attorney to represent you in court. Without one, he stands a better chance of prevailing.
    Thanks for the answers it helped and I do have an attorney a good I hope, I just learned that mediation has been canceled for Thursday. And to come see my lawyer Thursday I hope this divorce is over soon. Every time a date comes up to go , it is canceled what's up with that...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 4, 2006, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joa4frm
    thanks for the answers it helped and i do have an attorney a good i hope,, i just learned that mediation has been canceled for thursday. and to come see my lawyer thursday i hope this divorce is over soon. every time a date comes up to go , it is canceled whats up with that...
    Either delaying tactics on the part of the other party. Or it could just be emergencies that prevent one or more parties from showing up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Going to court again [ 3 Answers ]

My landlord raised my rent 200.00 I was paying 1200.00 a month I am sick with a chronic disease and my son lives with me , I have lived here for 4 year and every year before he has raised my rent 25.00. He has had me to court 4-5 times for late rent ( I always paid within the month it was due) he...

I had court today! [ 1 Answers ]

My sons father was brought in to the courtroom in an orange suit and shackles. He is disgusting. Anyway, he fought me on legal custody. The judge ordered me to have sole custody until the issue is (hopefully) resolved in mediation. The father wanted his name changed and I said no. The judge ordered...

Is it worth going to court? [ 8 Answers ]

My landlord violated RSA's by: 1: Charged my over half of my security deposit for cleaning areas of the house that are considered normal wear and tear. 2: Didn't pay interest on security deposit held over a year 3: Didn't advise me or notify me that I have 5 days from moving in to...

Going to Court [ 10 Answers ]

I have a question, I am going to court for a debt with a law office regarding a credit card that I have been paying since last July. I have sent letters to the law office stating that I owe the debt and that I intend to pay it and have been paying each month. They wanted a certain amount I did...

Bankruptcy court [ 0 Answers ]

My husband and I will be going to bankruptcy court in 4 days and 2 days ago had a phone conversation with the Trustee.He ask all the questions we thought was going to be ask in court plus some.What can we expect now and what are the questions we can expect now.I am so nervous I hope I can answer...

View more questions Search