Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Dec 22, 2006, 07:29 AM
    That's great! I am glad it went that way! I hope it works out in the long run.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 22, 2006, 08:30 AM
    We agreed to a separation and that we can "date" others for a few months if we so choose... but we will be open and honest with the other if that is the case
    Let me guess she is dating and your not..
    MeeDee23 Posts: 36, Reputation: 10

Dec 22, 2006, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Let me guess she is dating and your not..
    Actually she even said that she doesn't know if she wants to actively date someone else... more the fact that we are allowed to if we want but we need to go out and enjoy ourselves for the time being and not feel restricted. And tal, I actually am having lunch with another girl in about 2 hours. Just to talk and get to know each other better. It's the healthy thing to do in the mean time.

I'm not going to sit around and wait. I'm going to continue to enjoy my life. Whenever she and I do talk though, I will be more than happy to be there for her and be the fun and supportive person that I am. Judging from how she acted last night, she still has major feelings for me. I feel we will be back together in time, but I can't RELY on that. Our hearts will meet again if that is the right thing to do for the both of us.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2006, 08:58 AM
    Good for you!! Go slow!!

Here's the thing I was worried about and still might be going on - law students work closely together - it's easy to fall for someone. I just hope she hasn't fallen for a law school classmate. My sister married a law school classmate - it didn't work and ended in divorce.

I do suggest seeing other people.

I don't think you would have been ready for this conversation until last night. I also think. Because of pressure of school she would have broken up with you.

I HIGHLY suggest you wait for her to contact you next. No question.

I have to feel she saw oyu in a new light after wha twe discussed privately.

Being all cool with this I am sure showed you in a new lightt oher - and that she doesn't have you!! Very important.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2006, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MeeDee23
    I actually am having lunch with another girl in about 2 hours.
    Yes!

Just to talk and get to know each other better. It's the healthy thing to do in the mean time.
    Yes

I'm not going to sit around and wait.
    Hell no you ain't

I'm going to continue to enjoy my life.
    Hell Yes you are.

Whenever she and I do talk though, I will be more than happy to be there for her and be the fun and supportive person that I am.
    To an certain extent you will. You aren't her doormat anymore though.

Judging from how she acted last night, she still has major feelings for me.

Perhaps, No big deal to you though.

I feel we will be back together in time, but I can't RELY on that.
    No you can't. Perhaps you'll learn the grass is greener somewhere else?

Our hearts will meet again if that is the right thing to do for the both of us.
    Yes. Indeed. I think your today's winner. Good for you. Someone who listened and actually applied the advice given. Stick around and keep us updated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search